This recipe is perfect when you want some veggies in your life but also have buffalo chicken to use. These Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats make for the easiest weeknight dinner, great for leftovers and come together easily for a delicious meal.
By the time dinner comes around, we just want something that is easy and tastes good. Right!? Insert these Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats. The best way to get in some veggies is when buffalo chicken is involved and you’ll love how simple this recipe is! I love using shredded buffalo chicken as something to prep at the beginning of the week and then using it throughout the week in different recipes. For example, you can make these and Stuffed Sweet Potatoes or this Buffalo Chicken Naan Pizza. It’s a great way to have a big part of the recipe already done for you!
Whenever I think about buffalo chicken, I think about tailgates or game watching. Not that I do much of that…generally I’m there for the snacks. But these would make a great addition to your spread if you’re looking for ideas for that as well!
What you need for buffalo chicken zucchini boats:
- 3 zucchinis
- Buffalo chicken
- Ranch dressing
- Green onion
- Red Onion
- Greek yogurt
- Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder
How to make zucchini boats:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut zucchini in half. Scoop out the inside.
- Prepare the buffalo chicken mixture by mixing buffalo chicken, greek yogurt, red onion, green onion and seasonings.
- Scoop buffalo chicken into zucchini. Place in the oven for 22-24 minutes.
- Add pepper jack (or desired cheese) on top. Place back in the oven for 2 minutes until melty.
How to store leftover buffalo chicken zucchini boats:
If you have any leftovers, it’s best to store them in a sealed container in the fridge. If you want to reheat, you can simply
- Make sure you find zucchini that’s not too small if you’re going to make these boats! You want to make sure you have enough room to scoop out some of the inside and fill them up!
- Prepare the buffalo chicken ahead of time so you can make these in no time! Shredded crockpot chicken is a great thing to prep at the beginning of the week.
A few items that I like to use for this recipe:
- Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce
- Bolthouse Ranch Dressing
- Fage 0% Yogurt
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Looking for more easy dinner ideas? Try these:
- One Pot Taco Pasta
- One Pot Sausage & Spinach Pasta
- Shrimp Tostadas with Pineapple Salsa
- Salmon Bowls with Spicy Cashew Sauce
What kind of greek yogurt do you use?
I like using the Fage plain 0% greek yogurt in this recipe! Any plain greek yogurt will work here.
Can I cut the zucchini into rounds instead?
Yes! If you want to do little snacking rounds instead, you can cut the zucchini that way. I would recommend making sure they are still thicker in size and only needing around 15-20 minutes time to bake instead. Perfect little bite size snack for picking up!
How do I make shredded crockpot chicken?
Great question! First, be sure you have a crockpot. I love this one! Place two chicken breasts in the crockpot with 1/2 cup chicken broth. Cook on high for 4+ hours. Once it begins to cook through, you can shred it with a fork. You can do this for plain shredded chicken or add the buffalo sauce in the crockpot as well!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
These Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats are so simple to make and perfect for an easy weeknight dinner! Great for leftovers or heated up the next day too.
- 3 zucchini (cut in half)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup pepperjack cheese
- garnish: red pepper flakes, green onion, ranch dressing
- Prepare crockpot shredded chicken by adding chicken breast, chicken broth and buffalo sauce to your crockpot. Cook on high for 4+ hours until you can shred with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut zucchini in half and scoop out inside (leaving a little remaining around the edges)
- In bowl, combine buffalo chicken, greek yogurt, green onion, red onion and spices. Mix to combine.
- Place buffalo chicken mixture into each zucchini.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes.
- Top with desired amount of pepperjack cheese and place back in the oven for 2 minutes or until melted.
- Top with green onion, red pepper flakes and a drizzle of ranch dressing.
I used Fage greek yogurt
Option to use different cheese + add more!
until next time...
Leave a Reply