This Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad will be your new favorite way to do a salad! If you’re looking for a healthy weeknight meal, this is it, packed with crispy, spicy chicken pieces, creamy avocado, crunchy tomato and cucumber, and lots of delicious buffalo sauce! Ready in under 30 minutes this is the perfect big, healthy salad to have for dinner on busy weeknights!
Chopped salads are my favorite right now! With this heat, having a salad the size of my head is all that I’m craving. I love making these during the week for an easy lunch or dinner and it’s great to prep some of the ingredients of at the beginning of the week so it’s easier to make when the time comes. I’m a massive fan of meal prep because it makes things so much easier during a busy week.
Honestly, with crispy chicken, fresh salad veggies & whatever sauce you want to drizzle on top I just know you’re going to love this easy weeknight night Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe! I particularly love these buffalo chicken nuggets that are coated with rice flakes and made in the air fryer for the healthiest, tastiest chicken nuggets possible!
What you’ll need to make this Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad:
Chicken breasts (though you could use skinless boneless chicken thighs in a pinch!), rice crumbs (I find these at Trader Joe’s), egg, your favorite buffalo sauce (this is my fave – it’s Keto and Whole30 friendly if that matters to you!), lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, cilantro, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Gorgonzola (or any other blue cheese), if liked.
Can I prep any of this salad ahead?
Yes! You can chop the lettuce in advance, as well as the tomatoes & cucumber – just make sure they’re really dry without any water from washing and that you store them in the fridge in a good air tight container – I like these ones!
You can also make the buffalo chicken ahead to make multiple salads – I would also suggest trying it in a wrap or with some sweet potato fries!
Can I substitute the rice crumbs?
Yes! I have chosen rice crumbs as a healthy option, but you can use any type of dried breadcrumb in this recipe – Panko breadcrumbs would work really well!
What equipment will I need to make this salad?
What can I do with the leftover buffalo chicken?
If you have any leftover buffalo chicken from this recipe, try using it in a different way to switch up your meal during the week! I love throwing it in a wrap for a quick lunch or serving by itself with dip and veggies.
If you love this recipe, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- Baked Buffalo Cauliflower
- Thai Chopped Chicken Salad with Almond Butter
- Curry Chicken Salad with Grapes and Walnuts
- Whole30 Chipotle Chicken Salad
- Oven Baked Southwestern Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Healthy Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 3 chicken breasts (small & cut into nuggets)
- 1 cup rice crumbs
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 1/2 cup green leaf or romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 2-3 tbsp crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- cilantro (optional, for garnish)
- red pepper flakes (optional, for garnish)
- Chop up chicken breasts into nugget pieces. Make sure to pat dry with paper towel.
- Make two bowls: one with two eggs whisked and another with rice crumbs, garlic powder, sea salt & pepper.
- Take one nugget and roll in egg mixture, and then coat compltely with rice crumbs. Set aside and make sure to do with all pieces.
- Place in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Flip nuggets around half way through.
- Once done, pour nuggets into a bowl and mix with buffalo sauce to completly coat. Place back in the air fryer at 370 for 2 minutes.
- Prepare salad by chopping up greens, cucumber and tomatoes.
- Prepare bowl by adding greens, cucumber and tomatoes and mixing up together. Add the carrots, avocado, buffalo chicken and cheese, if using on top. Finish with cilantro and red pepper flakes if liked.
You can prep the buffalo chicken nuggets in advance if you would rather add them to your salad cold.
until next time...