Chopped salads are my favorite right now! With this heat, having a salad the size of my head is all that I’m craving. I love making these during the week for an easy lunch or dinner and it’s great to prep some of the ingredients of at the beginning of the week so it’s easier to make when the time comes.
What you can prep at the beginning of the week:
Chop up all the lettuce! I love buying green leaf lettuce and cutting it up and storing in a container for the week. That way, it saves some chopping when the time comes around. You can also do this with your veggies, like tomatoes and cucumber too.
Make a large batch of the buffalo chicken. This recipe is using 3 chicken breasts. Depending on how many mouths you’re feeding for the week, this may last you a couple meals! If you don’t want to have salads all week long, I would suggest trying it in a wrap or with some sweet potato fries.
What you need to make this buffalo chicken chopped salad:
- Chicken breasts
- Rice crumbs: I’ve been getting these at Trader Joes!
- Buffalo sauce: I like to use this one!
- Green leaf lettuce
- Seasonings: sea salt, pepper & garlic powder!
How to make Air Fried Buffalo Chicken Nuggets:
- Start by cutting chicken breast into nuggets. You can also purchase already cut chicken nuggets as well! I used 3 chicken breasts here.
- Make one bowl with whisked eggs and another bowl with the rice crumbs mixture.
- Dip chicken in egg to completely coat and then roll into the rice crumbs. Set aside and do for all chicken nuggets.
- Place in the air fryer (make sure each nugget isn’t touching in the air fryer) at 350 for 15 minutes. Make sure to flip around each nugget half way through cooking.
- Remove from air fryer, toss into a large bowl and pour buffalo sauce on top. Make sure the nuggets are completely coated.
- Place back in the air fryer at 370 degrees for 2-3 minutes.
A few products that I love for making this recipe:
If you like this recipe, you may also love these on One Balanced Life:
- 3 chicken breasts (small & cut into nuggets)
- 1 cup rice crumbs
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt & pepper
- 2 1/2 cup green leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- optional: cilantro, red pepper flakes
- Chop up chicken breasts into nugget pieces. Make sure to pat dry with paper towel.
- Make two bowls: one with two eggs whisked and another with rice crumbs, garlic powder, sea salt & pepper
- Take one nugget and roll in egg mixture and then coat compltely with rice crumbs. Set aside and make sure to do with all pieces.
- Place in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Flip nuggets around half way through.
- Once done, pour nuggets into a bowl and mix with buffalo sauce to completly coat. Place back in the air fryer at 370 for 2-3 minutes.
- Prepare salad by chopping up greens, cucumber and tomatoes.
- Prepare bowl by adding greens, cucumber and tomatoes and chopping up together. Add avocado, buffalo chicken and cilantro on top.
until next time...