I love a good chicken salad and this Chipotle Chicken Salad is packed with flavor and so good! You’ll love this simple recipe with a little bit of heat from the chipotle, but a satisfying salad that is perfect to have ready for lunch!
I love switching up my lunch during the week with a good chicken salad. It’s so versatile and makes for a delicious lunch to have prepped and ready for the week! You will love the flavors of this Chipotle Chicken Salad. It has a little kick to it while also being a light salad to make for lunch during the week. I love picking up a rotisserie chicken and shredding it to make this chicken salad even simpler. If you love chipotle flavors as much as I do, you need to try my Chipotle Tuna Salad too. You’ll love it for an easy lunch!
This chicken salad comes together in less than 15 minutes, is great to meal prep and is so delicious!
What you need for Chipotle Chicken Salad:
- Shredded Chicken Breast or Rotisserie Chicken
- Chipotle Peppers
- Green Onion
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Mayo (I use this one!)
- Fresh Basil
- Olive Oil
- Garlic cloves
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
How to make chicken salad:
- Start by shredding your chicken breast. I will use a rotisserie chicken to keep it simple but you can also make crockpot chicken and shred that to use here.
- Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients into the blender. Set aside.
- Chop up tomatoes and green onion. Add to shredded chicken.
- Pour chipotle sauce in the bowl and mix with ingredients.
- Adjust with sea salt if needed.
- Serve however you like! Enjoy!
How to store your Chipotle Chicken Salad for the week:
It’s best to store your chicken salad in the fridge for the week! A sealed container will keep it fresh and delicious all week long.
Try pairing your salad with:
- Your favorite crackers for lunch!
- In a wrap or sandwich for a balanced meal.
- On top of greens for a fresh, easy meal
If you like this recipe, you may enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
How long will this chicken salad last?
This chicken salad will last up to 4-5 days stored in the fridge! There are many ways to use it during the week like in a wrap, on a sandwich or served with crackers and veggies.
Are chipotle peppers spicy?
Chipotle peppers do have a little kick to them! If you don’t love spicy foods, I’d recommend only using 3 chipotle peppers as that will cut back on the heat some.
Can I meal prep this at the beginning of the week?
Yes! Chicken salad is great to meal prep at the beginning of the week. Be sure to store it in a sealed container if you meal prep it at the beginning of the week. I like to use these containers!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 2 tbsp green onion (more for garnish)
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- Chipotle sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayo made with avocado oil (I use Primal Kitchen)
- 4-5 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (in a can)
- 1/2 juice of lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Shred chicken breast using a fork.
- Chop up tomatoes and green onion. Add it to shredded chicken.
- Prepare chipotle sauce by combining all ingredients into a blender: chipotle peppers, mayo, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic clove, sea salt, black pepper. Blend
- Pour chipotle sauce on bowl and fully mix together.
You can use shredded rotisserie chicken or shredded chicken breast
Option to add more chipotle sauce if you'd like.
until next time...