Easy weeknight dinner are these BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. Not only are they so easy but they are great option when thinking about how you can meal prep items for the week to throw into something easy! With a little preparation, these Stuffed Sweet Potatoes can come together in 5 minutes.
BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
How to make these Stuffed Sweet Potatoes:
- Prep the crockpot BBQ Chicken at the beginning of the week by placing 3-4 chicken breasts with a cup of BBQ sauce. I used the Organic BBQ Pineapple sauce from Trader Joe’s for these but like to switch it up! I also love using this lower sugar option. That way you can use it for a variety of different recipes. Another one that I love using it for are the BBQ Chicken Tostadas or BBQ Chicken Pineapple Pizza
- Prep the sweet potatoes. I bake mine at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes depending on the size. I like to keep an eye on them and once they feel softer, they are good!
- Once you’ve done those two things all you have to do is assemble when the time comes! Everything can be reheated in the microwave, or if that isn’t you’re thing in the oven!
What you need to make these BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes:
- Sweet Potatoes
- BBQ Sauce
- Shredded Chicken
- Cilantro, red pepper flakes and onion
- When preparing the shredded chicken, the recipe will call for enough to make 5 servings. You obviously don’t need all of that for one sweet potato. So, I recommend using it as prep and make other meals for the week or make 1-2 chicken breasts to serve how many you need!
If you love these, you may also like these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1.5 cup BBQ sauce (I used Primal Kitchen Mango Jalapeño BBQ sauce)
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Red pepper flakes
- Optional: avocado
- Start by cooking your chicken in the crockpot. Remember, this recipe sets you up to have BBQ chicken prepped for a few meals so it will make quite a bit with 3-4 breasts!
- Mix chicken with 1.5 cups BBQ sauce and let it cook in the crockpot on high for 3-4 hrs. Begin to shred with a fork as you can.
- Cook sweet potatoes by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft on the outside.
- When you're ready to assemble your stuffed sweet potatoes, cut sweet potato in half, add desired amount of shredded bbq chicken, diced red onion, and cilantro.
- Add a little more BBQ sauce drizzled on top.
until next time...