Okay pineapple on pizza is a move, anyone else agree!? I think it’s my favorite kind of pizza and this bbq chicken pineapple pizza is a new favorite over here. I always love to find different ways to use shredded crockpot chicken when I make it for the week! And then this happened with some Naan I had in the freezer and YUM it was so good. I’m craving it even thinking about it.
What’s great about this is how simple it is to make and you can totally switch it up based off what you have! If you don’t have Naan flatbread to use, other great options would be:
- wraps or tortillas
- cauliflower crust
- make your own crust! (I love this one from Simple Mills)
This pizza is another option that needs to be included in my simple ways to use meal prepped shredded crockpot chicken. You can check out that post for more ideas here!
How to make BBQ Chicken Naan Pizza:
This pizza is so easy to make and requires minimal prep, especially if you already have the BBQ chicken made up. All you need to do is get your Naan or whatever flatbread you’re using and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Layer on the toppings by spreading the bbq sauce on both flatbreads. Then top with BBQ chicken, pineapple chunks, cilantro and red onion. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Place in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is melty and flatbread is browned around the corners. Top off with more red pepper flakes (always!) and fresh cilantro.
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (option to add more or use different cheese)
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 cup shredded bbq chicken (I used this unsweetened bbq sauce)
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro (extra for garnish)
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread bbq sauce on both flatbreads.
- Top with bbq chicken, pineapple, cilantro and red onion. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Place in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melty.
- Top with more cilantro and red pepper flakes.
until next time...