After recently getting this salad at Sweetgreen, I knew I needed to do a Copycat Sweetgreen version of the Chicken and Brussels Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette. Not only is this Chicken and Brussels Salad the perfect fall salad, but it’s a great option to prep and fix all week long and it’s healthy! This is one of those salads that I don’t ever get sick of. It’s great to make right now while we all have cranberry sauce sitting around for Thanksgiving. If you have some for leftovers, try adding the Cranberry Vinaigrette in addition to the Copycat Sweetgreen Chicken & Brussels Salad.
Chicken and Brussels Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
What you need to make this Copycat Sweetgreen Chicken & Brussels Salad:
- Mixed greens
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts
- Sweet Potato
- Grilled chicken
- Cranberry Vinaigrette
What you need to make Cranberry Vinaigrette:
- Cranberry Sauce (use my homemade version!)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder, sea salt
Recipe tip: this salad is a great option to prep for the week if you want! Something that I like to do is prepare the roasted sweet potato, sautéed Brussels sprouts and chicken (either grilled or buying pre-cooked chicken breasts from Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods) to top on these salads is a great quick option! Then when you go to assemble these bowls, it’s super easy to throw together.
If you love this salad, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- Harvest Grain Bowl
- Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad
- Mediterranean Chickpea Chopped Salad
- Harvest Pasta Salad
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 small grilled chicken breast (or pre-cooked chicken breast strips)
- 1/2 cup shredded Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp goat cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 honeycrisp apple
- Avocado oil
- Sea salt, pepper
- For the cranberry vinaigrette: (this makes enough for a couple salads)
- 1/3 cup homemade cranberry sauce (refer to homemade recipe on site)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (adjust to taste)
- (water to consistency)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut up sweet potato and roast with a little olive oil, salt and pepper for 30-40 minutes (flipping half way through)
- Prepare chicken by preferred method. Grilled, rotisserie chicken or shredded crockpot chicken is my favorite!
- Prepare cranberry vinagrette by combining all ingredients and mixing: cranberry sauce, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, balsalmic, dijon, garlic & sea salt. Add water to desired consistency. Set aside.
- Saute shredded brussels sprouts on the stove in a little salt & pepper.
- Cut up apple. set aside.
- Prepare salad by adding greens, chicken, roasted sweet potato, shredded brussels sprouts, apple, walnuts and goat cheese. Top with cranberry vinaigrette and mix together.
until next time...