Fall wrapped into a pasta salad, count me in! I love this twist on pasta salad during the fall months. It would be great to bring along to a gathering or fix to have alongside dinner one night. I love pasta throughout the year so putting a twist on usually a summer classic, I’m all about it!
What you need for this Fall Pasta Salad
- Pasta shells (I used the vegetable radiatore from Trader Joe’s)
- Shaved brussels sprouts
- Butternut Squash
- Goat cheese (optional)
- Tahini Lemon Dressing
What you need for the Tahini Lemon Dressing:
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Garlic powder
Pair your Fall Pasta Salad with:
- Chicken or any protein for dinner!
- Thanksgiving spread
- Sandwich or wrap for lunch!
Recipe tip: I recommend reserving some dressing to use when you are ready to enjoy it. The pasta soaks it up so it’s great to use to top on top when you’re ready to eat it! Or you can make more of the dressing depending on how much you like!
If you like this fall recipe on One Balanced Life, you may also enjoy:
- 1 8oz package of pasta (I used the vegetable radiatore)
- 1 12 oz bag of cubed butternut squash
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cranberries
- 1 bag of 10oz shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup goat cheese (optional to omit or add more)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- sea salt, pepper
- For the tahini lemon dressing:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp water (adjust to consistency)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay cubed butternut squash on a baking sheet. Drizzle with avocado oil, sea salt & pepper. Bake for 20-30 minutes (flipping around half way)
- Saute shredded brussels on the stove with a little avocado oil, sea salt & pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain & set aside.
- Make tahini lemon dressing by combining all ingredients and mixing. Set aside.
- In bowl, add pasta, cooked butternut squash, shredded brussels sprouts, cranberries. Coat with lemon tahini dressing.
- If not eating immediately, leave some dressing to use when you plan to eat.
- Top with goat cheeese.
until next time...