These easy No Bake Pumpkin Bars are packed with rolled oats, chia seeds, flax seed and fall spices for a healthy, make-ahead pumpkin treat! Full of fall flavors these easy pumpkin oat bars are a delicious seasonal snack. Prep these healthy pumpkin no bake energy bars with or without melted chocolate for a delicious treat packed with healthy fats you can enjoy any time!
Fall is here so obviously I’m ready for ALL things pumpkin!! I could probably eat pumpkin all year around but there’s something about it when its cooler out that makes pumpkin seasoned with warm spices even better. Of course, I had to mix it in with all my favorite things and make the easiest snack ever! And I think they are about to become one of your favorite pumpkin treats too!!
I can’t stop grabbing these babies from the fridge, they’re great if I fancy a little pick me up mid-afternoon, after a run, or after walking Milo. You might even want to make a double batch as I promise everyone is going to love them as much as I do!
These easy No Bake Pumpkin Bars are super simple, delicious, & an easy grab & go snack for during the week – making them the ultimate make-ahead treat for your weekend meal prep session! You can either make them in a larger dish for proper pumpkin bars (with or without a thick layer of melted chocolate on top!) or make bars or cut them up into “bites.” I’ve done both and love them both equally!
How to enjoy these No Bake Pumpkin Bars:
- As a snack!
- For dessert
- Crumbled on a yogurt bowl for a more filling breakfast!
- On the go as part of a packed lunch
- Crumbled on your oatmeal for a little seasonal flavor boost!
What you need to make these No Bake Pumpkin Bars:
I use Rolled Oats (make sure this is a gluten free brand like Trader Joe’s 100% Whole Grain Oats if this matters to you!), creamy peanut butter (just use your favorite!), runny honey, pumpkin puree (canned unsweetened pumpkin, or you can make your own), chia seeds, flax seed, pumpkin pie spice (pre-made, or you can mix your own!), cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and both mini (to go in the bars) and regular (for the melted chocolate and coconut oil topping) chocolate chips.
Can I sub out the peanut butter?
Yes! Any creamy nut butter will work in this recipe.
What sort of loaf pan should I use?
You can use either an 8×8 inch dish or a regular loaf pan for these. They will be “thicker” if you do a loaf pan like the picture above. An 8×8 inch dish will leave the bars where you can cut into squares. Use whatever you’ve already got unless you own both and have a preference!
If you love this recipe, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- Pumpkin Oat Bites
- Pumpkin Granola Bark
- Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie with Almond Milk
- One Pot Pumpkin Pasta (No Cream!)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Crisps
- Key Lime Greek Yogurt Bars
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (any nut butter will work as long as it is creamy!)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips ( or more! )
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- dash of ginger
- sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- In bowl, add all ingredients except for 1/2 cup chocolate chips and the coconut oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Line bread dish or loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Place pumpkin bars mixture in the pan and press down firmly.
- Melt the 1/2 cup chocolate chips with coconut oil and pour on top. Place in the fridge for 1-2 hrs.
- Cut into bars and then into pieces if you'd like!
- Store in the fridge.
Rolled oats should be naturally gluten-free but always check the packet for added ingredients!
until next time...