Hi friends! Can you believe that Memorial Day is around the corner!? The summer is quickly approaching and although it feels a little different this time around, it doesn’t mean that we can’t still celebrate with a grill out, pool time or home cooked summer meals.
I’ve rounded up some of my favorite recipes that would be perfect for Memorial Day. These are ones the whole family will love and require minimal ingredients to throw together.
1) Summer Fruit Salad: this fruit salad is meant for a warm day! I love having this alongside a grilled meal or by the pool. It’s a great snack option and it’s something that I guarantee the whole family will love. Use your favorite fruits here and grab whatever creamy yogurt you have on hand. If you want to get a little crazy, add in some marshmallows here 🙂
2) Buffalo Cauliflower: my all time favorite snack that can be either baked or air fried! Buffalo cauliflower is great any time of the year and is even better served as an appetizer or alongside your meal. I bet this won’t last long at your table.
3) BBQ Chicken Sweet Potato Sliders: sliders are a fun option for dinner and a great way to switch up from your usual bun with sweet potatoes instead. You know how much I love sweet potato and you’ll love these as another alternative! These bbq chicken patties can also be made larger if you don’t want to do the “sliders.”
4) Greek Turkey Burgers: greek food is my favorite!! and it’s also a great spring/summertime option for burgers. I love these especially when you add a little homemade tzatziki to the mix.
5) Southwestern Pasta Salad: warm weather means all the pasta salad!! This southwestern pasta salad is perfectly creamy with just enough kick in the creamy southwestern sauce. It makes enough to serve everyone or just have for leftovers for the week! I’ve seen this so many times alongside grilled
6) Cantaloupe Cucumber Salad: this is one of those combos that you would never expect it to be as good as it is. Plus, it’s so refreshing! I had inspiration to create this after one of my favorite restaurants here in Austin and always have this on my mind when it starts to get warmer out.
7) Shrimp Asparagus Pasta with Creamy Avocado Sauce: this pasta is super light and refreshing this time of year. I love the creamy avocado sauce with it and it’s an easy sauce to make for this! If you’re looking for a meal to make for your crew, try this!
8) Southwestern Chicken Salad: a lunch option with a little southwestern twist. You know how much I love my chicken salads and this southwestern one is a favorite around here!
9) BBQ Chicken Pineapple Naan: what’s better than a Hawaiian pizza!? plus, with bbq chicken…so yum! I love using naan to make simple pizzas and this one is definitely going to be a summertime favorite! I’m sure the whole family will love this one.
10) Mediterranean Orzo Salad: mediterranean flavors but in an orzo salad. so good! I love how light & refreshing this salad is. Perfect alongside your grill out meal.
11) Healthy Broccoli Salad: I think this is a cookout classic right!? Broccoli salad is one of my all time favorite meals and this is simplified plus a healthy alternative from the usual store bought broccoli salads.
I can’t wait to see what you cook up! Hope you have a great Memorial Day! xx
until next time...
Leave a Reply