Is there anything better than the chicken bacon ranch combination!? I don’t think so. If you’ve been to One Balanced Life before, you know that there are many different options for Chicken Salad on here. I love making chicken salad to have for an easy lunch during the week and this Chicken Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad may be a new favorite. Plus, it’s so easy to throw together!
What you need for Chicken Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad:
- Shredded Chicken Breast
- Bacon pieces
- Ranch dressing (I used Bolthouse Farms Creamy Ranch)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Green onion
- Sea salt, pepper, garlic, dill powder
How to make:
- Cook 2 chicken breasts in the crockpot for 4+ hrs. Shred with fork.
- Cook bacon accordingly.
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl to mix.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve however you like!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- It’s so simple to make! It really doesn’t get any easier than this when it comes to throwing something together
- It’s a great recipe to have ready for the week and perfect to prep at the beginning of the week.
- Chicken recipes are so versatile. You can use a variety of different chicken to make this come together. Even canned chicken will work too!
- It has bacon & ranch…does it get any better?!
Can I use rotisserie chicken?
Yes! If you want to save time without cooking the chicken in the crockpot, I suggest picking up a rotisserie chicken. Just shred it and combine with ingredients.
How long does this last in the fridge?
You can keep this in the fridge for 4-5 days to enjoy! I recommend making it at the beginning of the week to have all week long. It’s a great idea for a prepped lunch during the week.
How to serve your chicken salad:
- Try putting it into a pita pocket or wrap for a delicious lunch!
- One thing that I did was make it into a “melt.” Put the chicken salad on an English muffin with shredded cheddar cheese on top. Place it in the microwave or in the oven to quickly let the cheese melt.
- Add it on top of a bed of greens
Looking for other ideas for easy lunches?
Check out this blog post! I rounded up 10 easy lunch ideas for the busy week. These are not only super easy but delicious too.
Best ways to store your chicken salad for the week:
I love using these OXO storage containers for storing chicken salad. They help maintain freshness and perfect to keep in the fridge!
Why creating a meal prep routine create more balance in your life:
- Starting your week off with a little prep will help you create more structure during the busy week!
- Taking a couple hours on Sunday or Monday to prep for the week will help you create healthier choices during the week. If you have a few things already prepped, you’ll be more likely to reach for that then something else.
- You’ll find yourself way less stressed during the week when you know what you’re having for your meals throughout the week.
If you like this chicken salad, try these on One Balanced Life:
Want easy lunch ideas? Try these:
Save and Pin for later!
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon pieces
- 1/2 cup creamy ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dill powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (more to taste)
- Cook chicken in the crockpot for 4+ hrs. Shred with a fork.
- Cook bacon accordingly.
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl. Mix to combine.
until next time...