Okay it’s time for a new chicken salad recipe over here! If you’ve been to One Balanced Life a few times, you’d know that chicken salads are a favorite around here. I love them because they are not only perfect to meal prep for the week but there are so many ways to use them throughout the week to keep it interesting each time. This Lemon Basil Rotisserie Chicken Salad will be a new favorite for you!
Lemon Basil Rotisserie Chicken Salad
A few ways that I like to enjoy chicken salad:
- In a wrap
- On a salad
- On sweet potato toast
- In a sandwich
- In a pita pocket
- With crackers and veggies
Here’s what you need to make this Lemon Basil Chicken Salad:
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Fresh Basil
- Mayo made with avocado oil (I like to use this one!)
- Garlic clove
- Sea salt/pepper/cumin
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
How to make:
- Start by combining all the ingredients into a food processor to mix. This includes the mayo, fresh basil, garlic cloves, olive oil, lemon and salt & pepper. Process until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Pull chicken off rotisserie chicken. Place in food processor to lightly shred. Set aside
- Combine lemon basil sauce and rotisserie chicken.
If you like this chicken salad, you may also love these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- 1 rotisserie chicken, lightly shredded
- 1/2 cup mayo made with avocado oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Add lemon basil ingredients to a food processor and blend. This includes mayo, fresh basil, garlic clove, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, cumin. Sea salt & pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Shred rotisserie chicken salad in the food processor.
- Combine lemon basil sauce with shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Serve however you'd like! I've used it on top of greens, in a pita and a wrap.
until next time...