I love a good pre-made salad to have ready for the week! Not only are they great for meal prep, but there are so many ways to switch them up so you don’t get sick of it! This Salmon Salad is so fresh, delicious and makes for a protein packed lunch to have during the week!
I love to make things that I can have in a variety of ways throughout the week and this salmon salad is just that. With these, I usually fix them in a salad, on a sandwich or just with some veggies and crackers. Having it already ready in your fridge makes throwing a meal together during the week that much easier. One meal I always try to have ready is lunch. A simple salad like this is great to enjoy for a healthy lunch during the week.
In this salmon salad, I opted to use fresh salmon because I prefer that over the cans. You can definitely opt to use cans, you may just need 2-3 cans for this recipe. I love the taste the seared salmon gives to this salad. The crisp from cooking it in the cast iron makes for a delicious addition to the salad.
What you need for Salmon Salad:
- Fresh Dill
- Red onion
- Avocado Oil Mayo
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Whole Grain Dijon
- Sea salt
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
How to make salmon Salad:
- Cook salmon in pan by sautéing on each side for 6-7 minutes . I just used a little olive oil on the pan & on the salmon, sea salt & pepper to cook.
- Shred the salmon and add in remaining ingredients: fresh dill, mayo, mustard, celery, cucumber, lemon, onion powder, garlic powder & red pepper flakes.
- Top off with fresh dill!
- Serve with crackers, veggies, on a sandwich, or salad!
How to store your salad:
It’s best to store your leftover salmon salad in a sealed container in the fridge. These containers are my favorite for easy fridge storage or if you’re packing your salad to go, these are great to take with you.
If you want to switch this up, try doing this instead:
- Put it in a wrap, on a sandwich or serve with vegetables and crackers!
- Make it into a salmon melt by adding a piece of cheese on top.
- Serve it as an appetizer for gameday snacks!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
How long does this last?
This will last in the fridge for 3 days in a sealed container.
Can I use canned salmon?
While I love the taste this gives after the salmon has been seared, you can definitely use canned salmon. I would recommend using 2-3 cans!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
This Salmon Salad is perfect for an easy lunch that's packed with protein! Made with simple ingredients and so delicious.
- 1lb fresh salmon
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cucumber, finely diced
- 1/4 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayo
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp whole grain dijon
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Avocado oil spray
- In a heated pan with avocado oil, cook salmon on both sides. I like to add a dash of sea salt, pepper and garlic powder to the salmon before cooking.
- Cook salmon until fully cooked through.
- Finely dice red onion, cucumber and celery. Chop up dill.
- Once salmon has seared, remove the skin. Place salmon in a large bowl and add celery, red onion, cucumber and fresh dill.
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, plain greek yogurt, lemon juice, whole grain dijon, honey, sea salt, garlic powder. Mix together.
- Pour sauce into large bowl with salmon and remaining ingredients.
- Mix together to completely combine. Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Allow to sit in the fridge before serving.
until next time...
Leave a Reply