I love a good pre-made salad. If you haven’t noticed already, I’m all about some tuna, chicken, egg and now SALMON salad to have for the week. For a few different reasons:
- They are simple to make & only require a few ingredients!
- They are perfect to prep
I love to make things that I can have in a variety of ways throughout the week and this salmon salad is just that. With these, I usually fix them in a salad, on a sandwich or just with some veggies and crackers. Having it already ready in your fridge makes throwing a meal together during the week that much easier.
In this salmon salad, I opted to use fresh salmon because I prefer that over the cans. You can definitely opt to use cans, you may just need 2-3 cans for this recipe.
- 1 lb salmon
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 tbsp mayo (I use Primal Kitchen Mayo made with Avocado Oil)
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard (also use Primal Kitchen)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp onion powder & garlic powder
- red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook salmon in pan by sautéing on each side for 6-7 minutes . I just used a little olive oil on the pan & on the salmon, sea salt & pepper to cook.
- Shred the salmon and add in remaining ingredients: fresh dill, mayo, mustard, celery, cucumber, lemon, onion powder, garlic powder & red pepper flakes.
- Top off with fresh dill!
- Serve with crackers, veggies, on a sandwich, or salad!
until next time...