I figured it was time for another one pot wonder in pasta form. I love how easy these are and so delicious! One pot sausage and spinach pasta makes for an easy weeknight dinner that I’m sure the whole family will love. The flavor combo from the Italian sausage plus the creaminess of this pasta is so good!
What you need for One Pot Sausage and Spinach Pasta:
- 1 package 8oz pasta (I used Banza Chickpea pasta)
- 14 oz Mild Italian Pork Sausage
- Fresh Spinach
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Vodka Sauce (I used Whole Foods 365)
- Sea salt
- Garlic cloves
- Yellow onion
How to make:
- Start with a little olive oil in a large pot with minced garlic and onion. Saute on medium to high heat.
- Add in sweet Italian sausages to brown.
- Bring to a boil while adding in 2 cups water and 1 package of 8oz Banza noodles to the pot.
- Add 1 cup vodka sauce. Stir together.
- Continually stir so the pasta doesn’t stick! Reduce to a simmer. Add in sea salt, grated parmesan cheese and spinach to wilt.
- Continue to stir until spinach has wilted.
- Top with red pepper flakes and more parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Some large pots that I love:
Can I use any type of pasta?
Yes! I used chickpea pasta here but you can use any type that you prefer. I recommend keeping it at 8oz of pasta though.
How do I store this pasta?
I recommend keeping it in glass storage containers and reheating in the microwave. I love these containers.
If you like this pasta, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
Save and Pin for later!
- 1 package 8oz Banza pasta
- 14oz mild Italian pork sausage
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup vodka sauce (I used Whole Foods 365)
- 2 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (+more to taste)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large pot. Add minced garlic and onion to saute.
- Add mild italian pork sausage to brown.
- Turn heat high and add 2 cups water and 8oz pasta to boil.
- Add vodka pasta sauce and continually stir so pasta shells don't stick.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add in grated parmesan, fresh spinach and sea salt. Continue to stir.
- Once spinach has wilted and pasta has thickened, remove from heat.
- Top with more grated parmesan and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
until next time...