I figured it was time for another one pot wonder in pasta form. I love how easy these are and so delicious! One pot sausage and spinach pasta makes for an easy weeknight dinner that I’m sure the whole family will love. The flavor combo from the Italian sausage plus the creaminess of this pasta is so good! If you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner, give this one a try!
One Pot Sausage and Spinach Pasta
When it comes around to dinner time, I want something quick and easy. I also don’t want to make a big mess in the kitchen! This one pot pasta is perfect for those nights that you want dinner quick and don’t want to worry with the fuss of a bunch of ingredients. I love that this recipe is really customizable based off what you want to use. For example, any vodka sauce or pasta of your choice. It’s also a meal that I’m sure you can get the whole family on board with.
I love using a chickpea pasta here because it packs this with even more protein! This pasta covers all the basis of protein, carbs and fat to get your macronutrients for the evening. It’s important to find meals that not only taste good, fuel you properly but also make you feel good. All of which I aim to focus on here at One Balanced Life.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- It’s made in ONE pot. Does it get any easier than that!?
- It makes for great leftovers! We love a good meal that reheats the next day.
- The flavors in this one pot meal are so good!
- All you need are a couple simple ingredients to make this come together!
- I guarantee everyone will love this meal 🙂
What you need for One Pot Sausage and Spinach Pasta:
- 1 package 8oz pasta (I used Banza Chickpea pasta)
- 14 oz Mild Italian Pork Sausage
- Fresh Spinach
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Vodka Sauce (I used Whole Foods 365)
- Sea salt
- Garlic cloves
- Yellow onion
Can I use any type of pasta?
Yes! I used chickpea pasta here but you can use any type that you prefer. I recommend keeping it at 8oz of pasta though.
Can I use any vodka sauce?
Yes! You can use your favorite vodka sauce in this recipe. I used the Whole Foods 365 vodka sauce.
What if I don’t have fresh spinach?
If you don’t have fresh spinach, you can also use frozen spinach. If you don’t have that, you can easily leave the green out of this recipe!
How to make One Pot Sausage and Spinach Pasta:
- Start with a little olive oil in a large pot with minced garlic and onion. Saute on medium to high heat.
- Add in sweet Italian sausages to brown.
- Add 2 cups water and 1 package of 8oz Banza noodles to the pot.
- Add 1 1/2 cups vodka sauce. Stir together. Bring to boil.
- Continually stir so the pasta doesn’t stick! Reduce to a simmer. Add in sea salt, grated parmesan cheese and spinach to wilt.
- Continue to stir until spinach has wilted.
- Top with red pepper flakes and more parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- Make sure you continue to stir once you add the shells! This will prevent the pasta from sticking to the pot. You’ll want to continue to do this until the pasta is fully cooked through.
Some large pots that I love:
- Non-stick cookware
- Caraway Home
How do I store this pasta?
I recommend keeping it in glass storage containers to keep the pasta fresh. If you have leftovers, I recommend reheating in the microwave. I love these containers for the best storage in the fridge.
If you like this pasta, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
Need more easy weeknight dinners? Try these:
- Maple Mustard Salmon
- Sweet Potato, Brussels and Chicken Sausage One Pan
- Shrimp Tostadas with Pineapple Salsa
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Save and Pin for later!
One Pot Sausage and Spinach Pasta
Super easy and so delicious!
- 1 package 8oz Banza pasta
- 14oz mild Italian pork sausage
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups vodka sauce (I used Whole Foods 365)
- 2 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (+more to taste)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large pot. Add minced garlic and onion to saute.
- Add mild italian pork sausage to brown.
- Add 2 cups water and 8oz pasta to pot.
- Add vodka pasta sauce and bring to a boil. Continually stir so pasta shells don't stick.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add in grated parmesan, fresh spinach and sea salt. Continue to stir.
- Once spinach has wilted and pasta has thickened, remove from heat.
- Top with more grated parmesan and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
until next time...
Leave a Reply