With some chilly days around here, I’ve been craving all the cozy bowls of soup. One of my all time favorites is chicken tortilla. The southwestern flavors plus a little crunch of tortilla on top—so good! Plus get some extra chips to have on the side for all the dipping.
Soup is one of those meals that I never get sick of. I can have this on repeat and it’s perfect to place in the freezer and pull out when you want it!
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 1 container chicken broth (32 fl. oz)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup salsa verde
- 1 juice of lime
- 14.5 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 14.5 oz canned corn
- 14.5 ox canned black beans
- 4 oz diced green chiles
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt/pepper
- optional toppings: shredded mexican cheese, crushed Siete lime chips, avocado slices & cilantro
- Start by adding olive oil, garlic & onion to pan to saute.
- In large pot, add broth, shredded chicken, black beans, tomatoes, corn, green chiles, salsa verde and sautéed onion. Mix together.
- Keep on medium to low heat and add in spices (garlic powder, chili powder, oregano, cumin, paprika, sea salt & pepper). Mix thoroughly.
- Turn dow heat to low/simmer and let sit for an hour or so.
- Once done, squeeze juice of 1 lime in and stir.
- Pour into a bowl and add cheese, crushed chips, avocado slices & cilantro.
until next time...