The blueberry lemon flavors are one of my favorites! It’s refreshing and adds so much flavor! That’s why you’re going to love these Blueberry Lemon Overnight Oats. Making overnight oats at the beginning of the week still happens to be one of my favorite ways to prep for the week. Having breakfast ready to go in the morning is helpful
Blueberry Lemon Overnight Oats
The warmer temps calls for all the recipes that are light and fruity. These blueberry lemon overnight oats are the perfect example of that. Not only are they creamy and make for a delicious way to start your day, but the flavors are the best this time of year! Overnight oats are not only a great breakfast for grab and go, but they are perfect to incorporate in your meal prep plan at the beginning of the week! You can meal prep these in under 10 minutes and have breakfast ready for two easy mornings.
Why you’ll love these overnight oats:
- The blueberry lemon flavors are light, refreshing and so good in the summer months!
- Overnight oats make for the best breakfast to have prepped and ready to go for the week!
- These will keep you feeling satisfied all morning long.
What you need for Blueberry Lemon Overnight Oats
- Rolled Oats: these are important to not switch up! Using rolled oats gives these oats the texture you want.
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk: I always use almond milk in my overnights oats recipe! I like to use the unsweetened vanilla version.
- Blueberries: if you don’t have fresh blueberries, you can use frozen here too!
- Lemon zest: don’t leave this part out! the lemon zest adds a lot of flavor here.
- Chia seeds: adding chia seeds to your overnight oats helps absorb the rolled oats and adds a nutritional boost to your oats!
- Shredded coconut: I love adding coconut to these overnight oats, but you can leave this out if you’d like too!
- Vanilla extract: I always add this into the overnight oats to sweeten it up while giving it a natural vanilla taste.
- Cinnamon: don’t skimp on this either! Cinnamon adds so much flavor to overnight oats.
- Maple syrup: if you’d rather leave this out or switch for honey, you totally can!
- Yogurt: adding yogurt to your overnight oats makes it super creaky, especially here.
This recipe serves two! Make it together to serve for two breakfasts or cut in half into seperate jars!
How to store your overnight oats:
Overnight oats are best to store in the fridge overnight to thicken up after making them. I like to make them in these Porter Bowls which are great for grab and go or in a sealed container or mason jar.
Looking for more recipes to prep for the week? Try these!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Tropical Overnight Oats
- Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats
Blueberry Lemon Overnight Oats
Delicious light flavors!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup blueberries (+ more for topping)
- 1/2 lemon, juice + zest
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup creamy vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- dash of sea salt
- optional: nut butter, berries and additional lemon zest for topping
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Store in closed container in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, top with berries, fresh lemon zest and nut butter.
until next time...
Leave a Reply