It’s that time of year when I want pineapple mixed with everything! Count me in for all the pineapple salsa, pineapple on pizza and now mixed into my overnight oats. These tropical overnight oats may not be as good as drinking a tropical drink on the beach, but they definitely hit the spot for an easy, delicious breakfast. There are many flavors of overnight oats here on One Balanced Life, and I’m excited for you to give these a try!
Tropical Overnight Oats
This combo with the sweetness of the pineapple and the creaminess of the overnights is a good one! I love having overnight oats prepared for the week as an easy breakfast. There are so many ways to switch them up too! These Tropical Overnight Oats will give you all the summer feels, while also being a healthy breakfast that you can count on during the week. It’s important to start your day with a meal that will fuel you for the day. These are a great choice for that!
If you’re finding yourself hungry throughout the day or in between your meals, it may be that you’re not fueling yourself properly during meal time. With these overnight oats, you’re getting a good mix of protein, fat and carbs. Which is what you want to aim for in all your meals! Want to add more protein to these? Try adding in a scoop of flavorless collagen peptides.
What you need for Tropical Overnight Oats:
- Rolled Oats
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Vanilla or coconut flavored yogurt (I used Two Good)
- Pineapple juice
- Chia seeds
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Shredded Coconut
What yogurt do I use?
You can use any of your favorite vanilla or coconut flavored yogurts here! I like to use Two Good Vanilla Yogurt or Siggi’s Vanilla.
Can I use a different type of oat?
No! These have only been tested with rolled oats. I recommend using rolled oats to get the same creamy consistency once they soak up in the fridge.
Why overnight oats make for a great breakfast:
- They make for a great breakfast to prep so you have something already ready when you wake up!
- Overnight oats are a super filling, nutritious breakfast.
- There are so many ways to switch them up so you never get sick of them!
- You can prep enough to last you all week long!
- Toss them into a jar when you make them and they are great to take on the go with you.
How I store my overnight oats:
How long do I store my overnight oats in the fridge?
I recommend storing them overnight in the fridge! In the morning, you can top them with a little more almond milk if you prefer them to not be as thick. If you need overnight oats quick, then you can usually get away with soaking them for 4+ hrs in the fridge before enjoying 😉
- This recipe makes TWO servings! I suggest making them together in one batch and then splitting up when you’re ready to eat! You can also split the recipe in half 🙂
- Top with almond milk in the morning if you prefer them to not be as thick! Just give it a good stir.
- If you would rather have warm oats, you can heat these up. I recommend adding almond milk when you heat them up.
If you love overnight oats, try these recipes on One Balanced Life:
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Try these!
- Breakfast Egg Bake
- Breakfast Tostadas
- Copycat Starbucks Spinach & Feta Wrap
- Southwestern Breakfast Burrito
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut or vanilla flavored yogurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple (small pieces)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- optional toppings: almond butter, additional pineapple, shredded coconut
- Mix all ingredients into jar or bowl.
- Store in the fridge overight.
- In the morning, top with more pineapple, shredded coconut and almond butter.
until next time...