If you’ve been to my page, you know that overnight oats are one of my favorite things in the mornings. Overnight oats are not only perfect for a quick breakfast but there are so many ways to switch them up based off what you’re in the mood for. These peanut butter banana overnight oats are one of my go-to’s for an easy week day breakfast. I think you’ll love these to easily prep for the week and have breakfast ready to go!
Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
A few reasons why I love overnight oats for breakfast:
- Overnight oats are a great on the go breakfast
- These are super easy to switch up based off what you’re feeling –so many different flavor combos on here!
- This breakfast is great to prep for the week
- Having overnight oats in the morning will keep you feeling satisfied all morning long.
- Depending on what you’re feeling, you can eat these hot or cold!
Do you eat your overnight oats hot or cold?
I love having mine cold! Overnight oats can also easily reheat by putting them on the stove and reheating. I’d recommend adding a little more nut milk if you decide to reheat on the stovetop.
If you love overnight oats as much as I do, you may want to try these recipes on One Balanced Life:
Here’s what you need to make these Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats:
- Rolled Oats
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Vanilla Yogurt
- Chia Seeds
- Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Maple Syrup
A few ways I like to store my overnight oats:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 mashed ripe banana
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (option to add more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 tbsp vanilla yogurt (I used Siggi's)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- lots of cinnamon
- Optional toppings: banana, peanuts, peanut butter and hemp seeds
- Combine all ingredients into a jar and mix together.
- Store in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, pour half into a bowl for one serving and add additional toppings.
Tip: use banana that is really ripe in order to make it even sweeter without having to add more maple syrup!
until next time...