If you’ve been to my page, you know that overnight oats are one of my favorite things in the mornings. Not only are they perfect for a quick breakfast but there are so many ways to switch them up based off what you’re in the mood for. These peanut butter banana over night oats are one of my go-to’s because I mean does it get any better than the peanut butter and banana combo!?
A few reasons why I love overnight oats for breakfast:
- They make for a great on the go breakfast
- They are super easy to switch up based off what you’re feeling
- They are great to prep for the week
- They will keep you feeling satisfied all morning long
- They are good to eat cold or can be heated up!
If you love overnight oats as much as I do, you may want to try these recipes on One Balanced Life:
Here’s what you need to make these Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats:
- Rolled Oats
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Vanilla Yogurt
- Chia Seeds
- Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Maple Syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (option to add more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 (heaping) tbsp vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- lots of cinnamon
- Optional toppings: banana, peanuts, peanut butter and hemp seeds
- Combine all ingredients into a jar and mix together.
- Store in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, pour half into a bowl for one serving and add additional toppings.
Tip: use banana that is really ripe in order to make it even sweeter without having to add more maple syrup!
until next time...