Sometimes I forget how much I love overnight oats. Until I have them one morning and I’m quickly reminded. I think they make the best breakfast because not only do they satisfy you for hours, but there are so many ways to switch them up each time. And on top of that, they are the best thing to prep and literally have waiting for you in the fridge in the morning! Talk about best thing to grab and go. I’ve had many mornings where I thank my last night self for getting it together enough to prep these for the morning.
This strawberry banana combo is creamy, tasty and the perfect amount of sweetness for this morning breakfast! I love prepping them in my Porter bowl and it’s super easy to grab out of the fridge to take with you. No matter what you prep them, just be sure it’s a seal tight container and it stays in the fridge to soak up.
You can also reheat these the morning of if that’s your jam! I would just suggest adding a little more almond milk when you decided to reheat. You can do that either by placing on the stove or in the microwave.
Other options that I like for a quick breakfast are:
- Chia Pudding
- Savory Breakfast Meal Prep Boxes
- Yogurt bowls
- English muffins with nut butter
- Hardboiled eggs + fruit
A few tips on storing these:
- I always store them in a tight sealed container! A few that I love are Weck jars, Porter bowls (code ‘onebalancedlife’ gets you 20% off your order!) and Ball mason jars
- I store them in the fridge overnight!
- This recipe serves two but you can split it up if you want two separate jars.
Hope you love these as much as I do—be sure to tag me if you make them!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 mashed banana (the riper the banana the better!)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp vanilla yogurt (I like to use Siggi’s here!)
- 2 diced strawberries
- Toppings (optional): additional banana, strawberries, peanut butter, hemp seeds & drizzle of honey
- Combine all ingredients in jar and mix together.
- Place top on jar and keep in fridge overnight.
- In the morning top with banana, strawberries, peanut butter, hemp seeds & drizzle of honey!
until next time...