This may be my new favorite sauce. I only made it about ten times before sharing it with you haha but it makes for a great base to use in pasta and it’s completely dairy free & gluten free if you get a gluten free pasta! You could even make it and top it on buddha bowls as something delicious to mix in!
I love making sauces that aren’t heavy and a lot of times the ones at the stores are loaded with weird ingredients. This way you know exactly what’s going in it and it won’t leave you feeling icky after eating it. This sauce made for such a great pair with the chickpea pasta and then I added in broccoli and sundried tomatoes. Those are probably my two favorite pasta mix ins. You could totally switch out what you add in too! Add in some protein like chicken sausage or switch up the veggies or just keep it plain with the shells! You’ll love this sauce anyways.
Let me know if you make it!!
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 4+ hrs)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (full fat) mix together the can before pouring in measurement
- 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves (medium sized)
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 box pasta of choice (I used Banza)
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 1/2 c spinach
- Cook pasta according to package
- Make sauce by adding all ingredients into the food processor & blend. Blend until creamy and no longer cashew pieces
- In pan, heat 1 tbsp avocado oil in the pan and add in the broccoli to saute.
- Bring the heat to low & add in the pasta, sauce & sundried tomatoes. Add in spinach last.
- Mix together until completely coated & then serve. Top with red pepper flakes!
until next time...
Leave a Reply