These are a classic! Who doesn’t love chicken fingers and sweet potato fries!? I wanted to put a healthier spin on a classic and these came out so good! Definitely a great meal if you have kiddos–they won’t even notice the difference 😉 I decided to use one of my favorite boxes of crackers (Simple Mills–love all the flavors) and use that as the “breading” for the chicken fingers. You could use any cracker here, but I definitely recommend these! This meal is perfect for a lunch or dinner. The whole family will love it! And it will satisfy that chicken finger and fries craving!
- 1 cup Simple mills fine ground sea salt crackers (ends up being the whole box after putting in the food processor)
- Organic chicken tenders (I bought the already sliced tenders and then cut them into nuggets. about 1 lb of chicken)
- 2 eggs
- 1 sweet potato
- Avocado oil spray
- Sea salt/pepper
- For the honey mustard: 1/4 cup dijon mustard + 1 tbsp honey + sea salt
- Add box of crackers into the food processor and blend.
- Create a bowl for the crackers and a bowl with two eggs.
- Coat chicken nugget in egg and then roll into crackers. Place on baking sheet (coat baking sheet with avocado oil spray before)
- Do repeatedly for each chicken nugget
- Set oven to 400 degrees and bake for 30 minutes (flipping half way through). Time may vary depending on size of chicken nuggets.
- Cut sweet potato into fries and place in the air fryer on 400 for 15 minutes (flip around half way through)
- Mix together ingredients for the honey mustard dipping sauce. Add honey, dijon mustard & salt.
until next time...
Leave a Reply