The peaches right now are SO good and I’m trying to soak them all up while I can! One of my favorite things about this time of year is how good all the fruit is. It really doesn’t get any better than a ripe peach, juicy pineapple and all the berries that are so good! I love to eat in season as much as I can and this is definitely when I try to take advantage of that the most.
As you may know, overnight oats are one of my favorite things to make for breakfast. Not only are they delicious, but they are perfect to prep ahead of time and have ready for busy mornings. Having some mason jars on hand helps for making these and just grabbing and going from the fridge!
If you love overnight oats, you may also enjoy these recipes:
I like to eat them cold (took me a little bit to get used to) but you can also heat them up. If you decide to heat them up, you will just want to add a little more nut milk to them.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup nut milk (I like to use unsweetened vanilla almond milk) —option to add a little more if you don’t want it as thick!
- 1 tbsp of Siggi’s Vanilla Yogurt (you can use any vanilla yogurt here)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped peaches, small pieces
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (can add more if you want it sweeter)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- lots of cinnamon, dash of sea salt
- Toppings: more peaches,
- Combine all the ingredients in jar and mix together
- Store in the fridge overnight or 4+ hrs.
- Top with banana, peaches, hemp seeds, almond butter & honey. Toppings are optional and can be switched up! If you decide to heat them up, you may want to add more liquid because they are pretty thick!
until next time...