If there’s one thing that I love during the week, it’s an easy weeknight dinner. It doesn’t get much easier than this Chicken Apple Sausage Sheetpan Dinner to fix for something easy. Plus, it makes for the perfect fall meal with some seasonal favorites like sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts. If you want something to make when you need dinner on the table and don’t want to think about it, make this!
Chicken Apple Sausage Sheetpan Dinner
You know those days when dinner rolls around and you don’t know what you want to make for dinner? Or you’ve been running around all evening and need something quick to throw together that everyone will enjoy? That’s where this Sweet Potato, Brussels sprouts and Chicken Sausage Sheetpan Meal comes in. It doesn’t get much easier than this, all made on one pan and cooked together! You can switch it up with the chicken sausage that you prefer as there are so many different flavors!
This also works well as a meal prep option for the week too! If you want something that you can separate into containers and have for a couple lunch or dinners, this is a great option! It reheats easily in the microwave and I’ll enjoy it hot or cold (personal preference though!). If you want to switch up how you enjoy it, I like to top it on greens with a different sauce like hummus or a drizzle of a homemade one like the cashew cilantro sauce below or a Primal Kitchen dressing.
What you need for Chicken Apple Sausage Sheetpan Dinner:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Chicken & Apple Chicken Sausage (or any of your favorites!)
Benefits of a one pan meal:
- Less of a mess since it’s all cooked on one pan!
- Perfect for an easy weeknight meal
- Can be used as prep for the week!
- Many ways to switch them up
Can I use regular potatoes?
Yes! If you’d like to use regular potatoes instead of sweet potatoes here, you can switch it up. I would suggest red potatoes as a delicious substitute!
I always get asked what chicken sausage I like to use and here are some of my favorites:
- Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage (this is the one that I used here!)
- Trader Joe’s Organic Chicken Sausage
- Whole Foods 365 Chicken Apple Chicken Sausages
Drizzle a sauce on top to finish it off! Here are some of my favorites:
- Cashew Cilantro Sauce
- Trader Joe’s Jalapeno Sauce
- Chipotle Basil Pesto Sauce
What I used to make this sheetpan meal:
What is the best way to store this?
This sheetpan meal makes for a great leftover meal! I store any leftovers in sealed containers in the fridge. I like to use these!
Have sheetpan leftovers? Here’s what you should do to reheat:
Yay for leftovers! This is a great meal to prep extra to have for leftovers the next day or even for a couple days during the week. I like to reheat in the microwave for a minute but can also enjoy this cold.
How to make the creamy cashew cilantro sauce:
- 1 cup cilantro (Stems & all)
- 1/2 jalapeno (no seeds)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup organic coconut milk + 1 tbsp (full fat coconut milk—I like using the can from Trader Joe’s-make sure to mix up before pouring measurements)
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1/3 cup raw cashews (soaked for 4+ hrs)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Water for desired consistency
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- One Pot Taco Pasta
- Easy One Pot Pumpkin Pasta
- One Pot Sausage & Spinach Pasta
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
Looking for more dinner recipes? Try these!
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 chicken sausages
- Avocado Oil Spray (I use this on everything!)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and chicken sausage
- Place veggies on the baking tray (I recommend using a silicone baking mat so it won't stick) and spray with avocado oil spray, top with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and add chicken sausage, flip sweet potato and brussels sprouts. Bake for additional 20 minutes.
until next time...