If there’s one thing that I love during the week, it’s an easy weeknight dinner. It doesn’t get much easier than this Chicken Apple Sausage Sheetpan Dinner to fix for something easy. Plus, it makes for the perfect fall meal with some seasonal favorites like sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts. If you want something to make when you need dinner on the table and don’t want to think about it, make this!
You know those days when dinner rolls around and you don’t know what you want to make for dinner? Or you’ve been running around all evening and need something quick to throw together that everyone will enjoy? That’s where this Sweet Potato, Brussels sprouts and Chicken Sausage Sheetpan Meal comes in. It doesn’t get much easier than this, all made on one pan and cooked together! You can switch it up with the chicken sausage that you prefer as there are so many different flavors!
This also works well as a meal prep option for the week too! If you want something that you can separate into containers and have for a couple lunch or dinners, this is a great option! It reheats easily in the microwave and I’ll enjoy it hot or cold (personal preference though!). If you want to switch up how you enjoy it, I like to top it on greens with a different sauce like hummus or a drizzle of a homemade one like the creamy jalapeno sauce below.
What you need for Chicken Apple Sausage Sheetpan Dinner:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Chicken & Apple Chicken Sausage (or any of your favorites!)
- Avocado Oil Spray
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
What you need for creamy jalapeno sauce:
- Roasted Jalapeno
- Plain greek yogurt
- Garlic clove
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Black pepper
Benefits of a one pan meal:
- Less of a mess since it’s all cooked on one pan!
- Perfect for an easy weeknight meal
- Can be used as prep for the week!
- Many ways to switch them up
How to make this sheetpan meal:
- Start by preheating the oven. You want to place your sheetpan in the oven while it is preheating! This creates optimal roasting time for your veggies.
- Evenly chop up the sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts.
- In a large bowl, mix together sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts with avocado oil spray, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder. Make sure the veggies are evenly coated with the avocado oil spray.
- Lay those on the baking sheet. Be sure to give the veggies enough room
- Place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes. Flipping half way.
- Remove from the oven and add chicken sausage. Flip brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes.
- Place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare jalapeño sauce for topping on veggies.
What is the best way to store this?
This sheetpan meal makes for a great leftover meal! I store any leftovers in sealed containers in the fridge. I like to use these!
Have sheetpan leftovers? Here’s what you should do to reheat:
Yay for leftovers! This is a great meal to prep extra to have for leftovers the next day or even for a couple days during the week. I like to reheat in the microwave for a minute but can also enjoy this cold.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- One Pot Taco Pasta
- Easy One Pot Pumpkin Pasta
- One Pot Sausage & Spinach Pasta
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
Looking for more dinner recipes? Try these!
What I used to make this sheetpan meal:
Can I use regular potatoes?
Yes! If you’d like to use regular potatoes instead of sweet potatoes here, you can switch it up. I would suggest red potatoes as a delicious substitute!
What are your favorite chicken sausage brands?
- Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage (this is the one that I used here!)
- Trader Joe’s Organic Chicken Sausage
- Whole Foods 365 Chicken Apple Chicken Sausages
What are some of your favorite sauces to use?
- Cashew Cilantro Sauce (recipe here)
- Trader Joe’s Jalapeno Sauce
- Chipotle Basil Pesto Sauce
- Bitchin’ Sauce
Do I have to put the pan in the oven to preheat?
I really recommend doing this! Since sweet potatoes and brussels can generally take a while to get a good roast, preheating the pan gives it a head start. The goal with a sheetpan meal is to have everything roast evenly and get the crisp!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped
- 3 chicken sausages
- Avocado Oil Spray
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- optional: cilantro for topping
- for the creamy jalapeño sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 roasted jalapeño
- 1 garlic clive
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- dash of sea salt
- dash of pepper
- 2-3 tbsp water (for desired consistency)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add your baking sheet with parchment paper lined in to the oven to preheat too.
- Chop sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts. You want these to be as even as possible for optimal cooking.
- In a bowl, add brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. Spray with avocado oil spray to evenly coat. Top with sea salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Mix together to coat.
- Once oven is preheated, add veggies to pan leaving enough room in between them.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Flipping half way.
- Prepare jalapeño sauce by adding all ingredients to a blender. Roast jalapeño on stovetop and remove outside layer. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- Cook quinoa according to package.
- Take out of the oven and add chicken sausage, flip sweet potato and brussels sprouts. Spray a little avocado oil spray on chicken sausage and place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Flipping half way.
- In a bowl, add cooked quinoa, chicken apple sausage sheetpan, drizzle of creamy jalapeño sauce. Top with additional cilantro if you like.
I recommend using oil spray to evenly coat the veggies.
Try not to roast veggies too close to one another to prevent from steaming instead of roasting.
Evenly chopping veggies will turn out best!
until next time...