Okay new favorite sauce! I can’t get over how good this is. What I love the most about this sauce is that it’s great on pasta but can also be used as a delicious sauce on a sandwich or wrap. I love to find ways to switch up wraps for lunch and adding a different sauce/condiment is the way to go. This chipotle basil pesto is a mix of creamy with a little bit of a kick that’s perfect for a sauce for all the things!
What you need to make Chipotle Basil Pesto Sauce:
- Chipotle peppers (in adobo sauce)
- Raw walnuts
- Olive oil
- Basil leaves
- Garlic clove
- Sea salt/pepper
How to use this Chipotle Basil Pesto Sauce:
- Mixed in pasta (I like using chickpea pasta!)
- As a sauce on sandwiches or wraps
- Drizzled on top of my Sweet Potato, Chicken Sausage and Brussels sprouts Sheet pan
- Dip for roasted veggies
If you love this sauce, you may also enjoy these sauces on One Balanced Life:
Items that I love to use when making this sauce:
To make this Naan Sandwich, here’s what you need to do:
- Get one piece of garlic Naan and cut in half.
- Top with 1/4 mashed avocado and desired amount of Chipotle Basil Pesto Sauce.
- Add 3-4 slices of turkey, 1/2 cup fresh spinach and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (option to add different cheese if you’d like)
- Top with other half of Naan and place in a Panini press to heat up and get the cheese melty.
- Enjoy with more Chipotle Basil Pesto sauce on the side for dipping 🙂
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 chipotle peppers (in adobo sauce) I find these in a can!
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp water (add more for desired consistency)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt & pepper
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend.
- Store in a container for the week and use on sandwiches, wraps, pasta, etc!
until next time...