If you’re looking for more easy weeknight dinner recipes, these Healthy Ground Turkey Enchiladas need to be included! They are so simple to make with only a couple ingredients making it a perfect choice for an easy weeknight dinner!
Is it getting close to dinner time and you’re trying to figure out what to make? I’ve been there and that’s why these Healthy Ground Turkey Enchiladas need to be on your meal plan for the week. These take less than 20 minutes to cook and about 30 minutes all together to make! Those are my kind of meals during the week.
These enchiladas are a great combination of Protein, Carbs and Fat that will keep you feeling satisfied after. They make for a healthy dinner that everyone will enjoy! I love these because it’s easy to substitute what you may already have on hand to make these. Don’t have ground turkey but have some ground beef in the freezer? Great! Use that instead. You just used up your last can of refried beans? No worries, use the can of black beans in the pantry instead!
What you need for Healthy Ground Turkey Enchiladas:
Ground Turkey: I love using ground turkey for a protein in meals! If you’d like to substitute this with a ground beef or chicken, you can!
Tortillas: I used the corn/wheat tortillas from Trader Joe’s in this recipe. I like them because they are sturdy and have a great taste. You can use any tortilla of your preference in this recipe.
Yellow Onion: Adding a yellow onion to sauté with the ground turkey adds great flavor to these enchiladas!
Garlic Cloves: I love mixing minced garlic and onion to saute. It makes for a perfect addition for these enchiladas too.
Refried Beans: A can of refried beans is a pantry staple and delicious addition here! If you’d like to substitute this for refried black beans or just regular beans, you can.
Shredded Mexican Cheese: I like to add shredded Mexican cheese inside the tortillas and to top the enchiladas before baking.
Enchilada Sauce: Let’s keep this even simpler and use your favorite jarred enchilada sauce. I picked up the red enchilada sauce from Trader Joe’s but you can use any that you prefer.
Sea salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Cayenne
Can I substitute the ground turkey?
Yes! If you’d like to use ground beef or ground chicken in this recipe, you can definitely substitute it.
What makes these enchiladas healthy?
These ground turkey enchiladas make for a healthy, weeknight dinner. They include protein, fat and carbs which will keep you feeling satisfied. They are also made with simple ingredients!
Can I use different beans?
Yes! If you’d like to substitute the refried beans in the recipe you can. I’d try using refried black beans or you can use any canned beans that you prefer.
If you like this recipe, you may enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
- Turkey Rice Bowls
- Turkey Marinara Spaghetti Squash
- Turkey Marinara Zucchini Boats
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
Healthy Ground Turkey Enchiladas
These Healthy Ground Turkey Enchiladas make for an easy weeknight dinner! Plus, they come together in less than 30 minutes. Make for great leftovers to reheat the next day too!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 wheat/corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- dash of pepper
- dash of cayenne
- optional: fresh cilantro, green onion, plain greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In pan, add olive oil, minced garlic and onion. Saute.
- Add in ground turkey to brown.
- Add in spices: chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, sea salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Mix in beef broth and tomato sauce. Bring ground turkey to a slight boil and then reduce heat to allow sauce to thicken up.
- Prepare pinto beans by heating up on the stove on medium to low heat.
- Lay out tortillas. Add 3 tbsp pinto beans, 1/4 cup ground turkey and 2 tbsp shredded mexican cheese. Roll up tortillas.
- In casserole dish, add 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Add all the enchiladas to fit the dish.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce and shredded mexican cheese.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with fresh cilantro, green pepper and plain greek yogurt for serving.
I used the Wheat/Corn Tortillas from Trader Joe's. I also used their red enchilada sauce.
until next time...
Leave a Reply