Who doesn’t love a quick and easy weeknight dinner!? Even better when it’s as delicious as these Mexican-Inspired Street Corn Chicken Enchiladas are. These are made with simple ingredients and packed with flavors that everyone will love! Add these enchiladas to your weeknight dinner rotation.
You know the times when dinner rolls around and you’re trying to figure out what to make that won’t leave you in the kitchen for hours? I’ve got you covered for those easy, go-to meals! I’ve always loved a good enchilada. Not only are they so easy to make, but generally something that everyone will enjoy too! I combined a few of my favorite things here with the flavors of street corn and the easy addition of shredded rotisserie chicken. If you’ve been to One Balanced Life, you know that I love using rotisserie chicken in my meals! It makes things even easier! Of course, if you’d rather cook and shred your own chicken, you can do that as well.
These Mexican-Inspired Street Corn Chicken Enchiladas will be a delicious addition to your weekly meal plan! It’s super satisfying and perfect for a delicious dinner.
What you need for Street Corn Chicken Enchiladas:
- Shredded Chicken
- Flour Tortillas
- Roasted Corn
- Green Chiles
- Cojita Cheese
- Green Enchilada Sauce
- Avocado Oil Mayo
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Shredded Monterrey Jack with Jalapeño Peppers Cheese on top
- Hot Sauce
- Red Onion
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
How to make these enchiladas:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Start by mixing together all the filling ingredients for enchiladas.
- Heat up the flour tortillas so they are slightly warm before adding in the filling.
- Pour enchilada sauce on the bottom of your casserole dish. Be sure to spray the bottom of your dish first! I like to use avocado oil spray.
- Add the street corn chicken filling to a tortilla and tightly roll. Do this until you fill all tortillas and use up all the filling! I was able to get 7 tortillas filled.
- Place more enchilada sauce on top and shredded monterey jack with jalapeno peppers cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add crumbled cotija cheese, diced red onion and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to store your leftovers:
These do make for good leftovers to reheat the next day! It’s best to store your leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge. I like storing in these containers.
If you want to switch these up, try doing this instead:
Use your favorite enchilada sauce! You can also use red enchilada sauce if you like that more.
Try a different shredded cheese on top!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Butternut and Black Bean Enchiladas
- Ground Beef Enchiladas
- Street Corn Pasta Salad
- Shrimp Tostadas with Pineapple Salsa
Can I reheat these?
Yes! You can easily reheat these for leftovers the next day.
Do I have to use green enchilada sauce?
No, you can use any enchilada sauce you prefer here. I do find green sauce to work the best with it!
Can I use different tortillas?
Yes you can use flour or corn tortillas here. Just make sure they are warm before adding the “filling.”
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 7 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups roasted corn
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack with jalapeño peppers cheese
- 12 oz green enchilada sauce
- 3 tbsp cilantro
- 1/4 cup green chiles (or 1 jalapeño)
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayo
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- dash of black pepper
- for toppings:
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 3 tbsp cotija cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together ingredients for filling of enchiladas: shredded chicken, roasted corn, cilantro, green chiles and cotija cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together ingredients for creamy dressing like mayo, plain greek yogurt, hot sauce, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper. Add this to filling and mix to combine.
- In casserole dish, add 1/2 cup green enchilada sauce reserving the remaining sauce to top on the tortillas.
- Heat up tortillas for 10-20 seconds until warm to roll up.
- Add filling into tortilla and tightly roll. Continue to do for all tortillas. You should use up all the mixture when doing this.
- Place remaining enchilada sauce on top. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Add to the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with addition shredded cotija cheese, cilantro and red onion.
until next time...