I’m not sure what’s much better than this combination! Plus, easy weeknight dinner, full of flavor and makes a bunch for leftovers. Count me in. You’re going to love this new stuffed version of spaghetti squash: Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash. I love grabbing spaghetti squash this time of year because it’s a great meal prep option and it can be made a ton of different ways. Plus, you can make these stuffed boats and eat it straight out of the squash to save an extra dish or two 😉
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
What you need to make Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash:
- Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- Spaghetti Squash
- Greek yogurt (I used Fage 2%)
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onion
- Red Onion
- Sea salt, Garlic powder
How to make Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash:
- Start by cooking the spaghetti squash. Poke holes in the squash and microwave for 2 minutes. Cut in half. Scrape out the inside and spray with a little olive oil and sea salt, pepper. Bake at 400 for 35-40 minutes or until you can scrape out the inside.
- Prepare shredded buffalo chicken. I cook mine in the crockpot by adding 2 chicken breasts with a cup of buffalo sauce. Cook on high for 4-6 hrs until you can shred with a fork.
- Add cooked spaghetti squash to large bowl, add shredded buffalo chicken, red onion, green onion, greek yogurt and spices. Mix to throughly combine.
- Add mixture back into the spaghetti squash and top with shredded cheese.
- Cook for 10-12 more minutes until the cheese is melted. Top with green onion and drizzle in ranch or more buffalo sauce.
Ways to switch up this recipe:
- Use any greek yogurt that you like, just make sure it is plain!
- Top with whatever cheese you like or leave off!
Best way to make a spaghetti squash:
Okay spaghetti squash can be a pain to cook! But it doesn’t have to be. Try poking holes in it and placing it in the microwave for 2 minutes before cutting it in half. Scrape out the inside and then place in the oven to bake for 40 minutes or so.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 1/3 cup buffalo sauce (I used a medium buffalo sauce)
- 1/3 cup green onion
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (I used Fage 2%)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke holes in your spaghetti squash and place in the microwave for 2 minutes before cutting in half. Scrape the seeds out of the inside.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or so.
- Prepare shredded buffalo chicken by placing in the crockpot or using rotisserie chicken! (or preffered method)
- Once spaghetti squash finishes cooking, shred it and place in a bowl. Mix with yogurt, red onion, green onion, spices and shredded buffalo chicken.
- Place mixture back in the spaghetti squash "boats" and top with shredded cheese.
- Place back in the oven for 13-15 minutes until cheese is melty.
- Top with extra green onion, drizzle with ranch and buffalo sauce.
until next time...