Combining all my favorite things with these shrimp tostadas with pineapple salsa! I personally think that pineapple salsa is one of the best things in the summer! This salsa is not only perfect to top on these shrimp tostadas but it’s great to add to salads, tacos, or just use as a dip with chips! Shrimp tostadas make for an easy weeknight dinner or summer meal for the weekend. I can bet that the whole family will love them too!
Shrimp Tostadas with Pineapple Salsa
One of my favorite things about these Shrimp Tostadas are that they are SO SIMPLE. You only need a couple ingredients and you have the easiest, most flavorful weeknight dinner. If you don’t want to make a pineapple salsa (which I highly recommend!), you can buy a pre-made salsa or mango salsa. There are also other options if you don’t love shrimp! Try this same recipe with chicken or roasted chickpeas.
What you need:
- Corn tortillas
- Shrimp (frozen or raw)
- Avocado oil spray/olive oil spray
- Seasonings: garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, cumin, sea salt & pepper
What you need for the Pineapple Salsa:
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 juice of lime
- 1/2 chopped jalapeno
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt & pepper to taste
How to make Shrimp Tostadas:
- Start by preparing the tostadas using a corn tortilla. Spray each one with a little avocado oil on both sides before placing on a silicone baking mat to place in the oven. Place in the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes until they are crispy. Make sure to flip around half way through.
- Prepare shrimp by mixing all the seasonings together and fully coating the shrimp. Place on the oven to sauté until shrimp are fully cooked through. They will turn pink.
- Make your pineapple salsa by mixing together all ingredients into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Time to make your tostadas! Take a crispy tortilla, add mashed avocado, shrimp and desired amount of pineapple salsa on top. Garnish with red pepper flakes and cilantro. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, try these on One Balanced Life:
- 3 corn tortillas
- 9-10 shrimps (I like using the Argentinian Shrimp from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 avocado (or guacamole)
- Garnish: Red pepper flakes & fresh cilantro
- Avocado Oil spray (I use this one)
- Seasonings for shrimp:
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, pepper
- Prepare tostadas by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Spray avocado oil on both sides and place on silicone baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (flipping half way through) you want them to get crispy!
- Prepare shrimp by mixing all seasonings together in a bowl with a shrimp to fully coat. Place in pan to sauté. Cook thoroughly. Shrimp will turn pink.
- Set aside shrimp once done.
- Prepare pineapple salsa by combining all ingredients and mixing. Set aside.
- Prepare tostadas by adding crispy tostada, mashed avocado, shrimp and pineapple salsa on top.
- Option to garnish with red pepper flakes and cilantro.
until next time...