BBQ chicken, melty cheese, crunchy tortillas..does it get any better!? These BBQ Chicken Tostadas make for a great option for lunch or dinner during the week! Plan to prep the BBQ Chicken at the beginning of the week and then you can easily assemble these when you want them. This simple combo will be one that everyone loves!
I recently went to restaurant and the tostadas were a chip with black beans and melted cheese on top haha so while it did inspire me to create my own tostadas, I can’t say those were quite worthy of much credit. I thought I would add a few of my favorite things together in one to make these tostadas, but the options are endless on topping these!
They make for an easy lunch or dinner during the week too and I’m sure something the whole family will love! I can’t wait to try these in a variety of ways because they hit the spot & all my Mexican cravings. If you’re looking for other simple weeknight dinner recipes, be sure to check my blog post with other ideas! You can check it out HERE.
Why you’ll love these BBQ Chicken Tostadas:
- They are SO easy to throw together! Trust me!
- You can prep a big batch of BBQ Chicken to use throughout the week, including making these tostadas!
- Try other BBQ Chicken recipes by checking out these: BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, BBQ Chicken Pineapple Naan Pizza
- Everyone will love these!
- I don’t think it gets any better than melty cheese and a crispy tortilla right!?
What you need:
- Corn tortillas
- Shredded crockpot BBQ Chicken
- Mozzarella cheese
- Refried Pinto Beans
- Green onion/Cilantro
- Avocado oil spray, sea salt
How to make a crunchy tostada:
- You can do this two ways! Either bake them in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes (flipping half way through) or on the stovetop!
- You want to make sure the pan is hot in order to get the right kind of tostada for this! Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan on high heat and give it at least a couple minutes to heat up. Place the tortilla down (it should immediately start to crisp and sizzle in the pan). Flip tortilla on both sides until tortilla is crispy.
If you like this recipe, try these on One Balanced Life:
- Shrimp Tostadas with Pineapple Salsa
- Breakfast Tostadas
- Buffalo Chicken Naan Pizza
- Veggie Butternut Tostadas
- BBQ Chicken Pineapple Nana Pizza
- 1 cup shredded bbq chicken
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1/2 can organic pinto beans (you could also mash black beans here!)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp jalapeno
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (use desired amount for cheesy goodness that you want on top!)
- sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- avocado oil spray
- optional: cilantro or green onion for topping
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan on high heat. You want this to be hot before placing your tortilla down. Give it at least 3-4 minutes to heat up. OR preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 10 minutes (flipping half way through)
- Place tortilla down and allow it to cook up. It will be sizzling in the pan and should start to get crisp.
- In bowl, mix shredded chicken, BBQ sauce, and sea salt.
- Once you have cooked tortillas, place on baking sheet. Layer smashed pinto beans on tortilla, BBQ chicken, and desired amount of mozzarella cheese.
- Place in oven on broil for cheese to get melty. Keep an eye on it so you don’t burn toastadas!
- Top with fresh cilantro, tomatoes, drizzle of BBQ sauce and red pepper flakes.
until next time...