BBQ chicken, melty cheese, crunchy tortillas..does it get any better!?
I recently went to restaurant and the tostadas were a chip with black beans and melted cheese on top haha so while it did inspire me to create my own tostadas, I can’t say those were quite worthy of much credit. I thought I would add a few of my favorite things together in one to make these tostadas, but the options are endless on topping these!
They make for an easy lunch or dinner during the week too and I’m sure something the whole family will love! I can’t wait to try these in a variety of ways because they hit the spot & all my Mexican cravings. If you’re looking for other simple weeknight dinner recipes, be sure to check my blog post with other ideas! You can check it out HERE.
Recipe TIP: Make sure the pan is HOT before placing your corn tortilla in the pan! These will crisp up in the pan when the oil is hot.
How to make a crunchy tostada:
You want to make sure the pan is hot in order to get the right kind of tostada for this! Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan on high heat and give it at least a couple minutes to heat up. Place the tortilla down (it should immediately start to crisp and sizzle in the pan). Flip tortilla on both sides until tortilla is crispy.
There are so many ways to switch up this BBQ chicken tostada and one way that I do a lot around here is by using black beans instead of pinto!
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (additional for drizzling on top)
- 3 corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 can organic pinto beans (you could also mash black beans here!)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- shredded mozzarella cheese (use desired amount for cheesy goodness that you want on top!)
- sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- cilantro for topping
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan on high heat. You want this to be hot before placing your tortilla down. Give it at least 3-4 minutes to heat up.
- Place tortilla down and allow it to cook up. It will be sizzling in the pan and should start to get crisp.
- In bowl, mix shredded chicken, BBQ sauce, and sea salt.
- Once you have cooked tortillas, place on baking sheet. Layer smashed pinto beans on tortilla, BBQ chicken, and desired amount of mozzarella cheese.
- Place in oven on broil for cheese to get melty. Keep an eye on it so you don’t burn toastadas!
- Top with fresh cilantro, tomatoes, drizzle of BBQ sauce and red pepper flakes.
until next time...