Is there anything better than a pasta that includes tortellini’s!? I don’t think so…and now I’m wondering why I don’t have more recipes on One Balanced Life that include them. If you’re looking for an easy, delicious meal then this Easy Tortellini Pesto Pasta needs to be added to your menu. What I love about this is that you can make this for your cookout spread or prepare it as dinner alongside a protein and call it a meal.
You know those days when you don’t know what to make for dinner but want something that will come together easily and that everyone will love? That’s where this easy tortellini pesto pasta comes in. Not only is it so delicious..I mean who doesn’t love a cheese tortellini? But it guarantees dinner or lunch on the table in about 10-15 minutes. Plus, there are so many ways to switch it up! I used a homemade pesto here but you can definitely use your favorite store-bought ones to keep this even simpler. Sometimes the ingredients can be a little funky in the store bought pesto sauces, so making it at home is a great way to know what’s going in it!
I also love to serve this alongside a protein like grilled chicken or salmon. That gives this dish an extra boost of protein to keep you feeling satisfied after enjoying it. If you have a cookout coming up, this pesto pasta would also make for a delicious side! It can be enjoyed either warm or cold, depending on what you prefer!
What you need for Easy Tortellini Pesto Pasta:
- Cheese Tortellini: I used the Trader Joe’s tortellini’s here!
- Sun-dried tomatoes: these add the best flavor!!
- Asparagus: adding these in gives it a great crunch while adding in some veggies too
- Pesto: you can follow the homemade pesto instructions or get a store bought one. I love the Kale Cashew Pesto from Trader Joes!
- Sea salt, garlic powder
What you need for homemade pesto:
- Fresh basil
- Pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper
Can I eat this hot or cold?
Yes! What I love about this pasta is that it is delicious to serve hot or you can keep it as a cold pasta salad to serve at your cookout. I personally love to enjoy it warm with a little fresh grated parmesan cheese on top. So good!
Best way to store Easy Tortellini Pesto Pasta:
I recommend storing any leftovers in sealed containers to keep it fresh. I love to use these! Or I will use these containers when I’m prepping it to take with me.
Can I use store-bought pesto?
Yes! If you don’t want to make your own pesto or want to really simplify this recipe, you can use store bought pesto here! I love using the Trader Joes Vegan Kale Cashew Pesto too.
What type of tortellini do you use?
I used the cheese tortellini from Trader Joes. Be sure to follow the directions on cooking it prior to making this pasta! You can use any tortellini you like here. I’m sure a spinach tortellini would be delicious here too.
What sun-dried tomatoes do you use?
I pick up the bag of sun-dried tomatoes at Trader Joes and use them here! You can also get the jar of sun-dried tomatoes that are in olive oil. You may want to chop those up if you use those.
What I used to make this pesto pasta:
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Looking for more dinner recipes? Check out this blog post with a roundup of easy weeknight recipes!
Pin and save for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
Easy Tortellini Pesto Pasta
Delicious pasta salad!
- 1 package 10 oz cheese tortellini
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped artichokes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- For the pesto:
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, pepper (+ more to taste)
- 2 tbsp water
- Cook the tortellini according to package. Set aside.
- Chop up asparagus and heat up non-stick pan with a little avocado oil.
- Place chopped asparagus in pan to saute with a little sea salt and pepper.
- Prepare basil pesto by adding all ingredients to food processor to blend. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine tortellini, aspargus, sundried tomatoes and artichokes.
- Mix with fresh basil pesto to combine. Add remaining seasonings.
until next time...
Leave a Reply