Taco in pasta form, count me in! I love all these flavors so I decided to combine them all to make this super simple one pot taco pasta. Seriously all you need is one large pan/pot to make this meal. It makes for an easy weeknight dinner and a meal that I bet the whole family will love!
What you need to make One Pot Taco Pasta:
- 8oz Pasta shells (I used chickpea pasta here!)
- Grass-fed Ground Beef
- Canned black beans
- Canned corn
- Taco seasoning (I used Primal Palate)
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Avocado oil
- Garlic clove
- Yellow onion
- Sea salt
How to make this One Pot Taco Pasta:
Saute onion and garlic in your pan with a little avocado oil. Add 1 package of ground beef (or ground turkey!) with 1 tbsp taco seasoning. Keep this on medium heat as you saute.
Once meat has browned, add salsa, water, package of pasta shells, corn, black beans and bring to a boil then simmer. Add 1 tsp sea salt (adjust to taste). You will want to continue to stir so the pasta does not stick to the bottom.
Adjust seasonings to taste. Add more taco seasoning and sea salt if needed. Add shredded Mexican cheese last to stir and melt in with the pasta.
Recipe note: you will need a large pan/bowl to make this all in one!
What kind of pot do you use?
I used this large Cuisinart, similar to this one!
Why I think you’ll love this:
- hello it’s basically a taco in pasta! SO good!
- Super easy!
- Less of a mess with one pan
- Guarantee the whole fam will love!
Can you make this dairy free?
Yes! Leave out the cheese and you will still have the delicious taste of this creamy taco pasta.
Can I use any pasta?
Yes! Any shells that you like to use can be added in here. I love using chickpea pasta, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
If you love this recipe, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
Tips for reheating:
- This can easily be reheated in the microwave but best if eaten within 1-2 days of making!
- Store in a good container. I like using these!
Save and Pin for later!
- 1 8oz package pasta shells (I used a chickpea pasta here)
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion
- I garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chunky mild salsa
- 1 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning (I used Primal Palate) + 1 tsp in pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup corn, drained
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (adjust to taste)
- Cilantro for garnish
- Start by sauteing minced garlic and onion with avocado oil.
- Add ground beef with taco seasoning to saute until browned.
- Add water, pasta shells, salsa, corn and black beans. Bring to a boil while continually stirring. Turn heat down to simmer.
- Continue to stir until sauce has thickened. (You want to be sure to stir so pasta shells don't stick!) Add additional taco seasoning. Add in shredded cheese last to stir through.
- Add sea salt to taste, cilantro for garnish
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 448Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 913mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 34g
until next time...