Love tacos? Well I do, so tacos in pasta form? Count me in! I love all these Tex-Mex flavors so I decided to combine them all to make this super simple one pot taco pasta recipe that is ready in just 20 minutes, perfect for busy evenings! Seriously all you need is one large pan or pot to make this meal. This rich, cheesy taco pasta made with ground beef or turkey makes for an easy weeknight dinner that I bet the whole family will love! This recipe can also easily be made dairy free.
This One Pot Taco Pasta really is as simple as it gets. You can make it with your favorite brands of taco seasoning, shredded cheese & salsa, and as it takes only 20 minutes to make it is perfect for busy weeknights. If you love these flavors as much as I do, you have probably got everything you need to make this delicious pasta dish on hand! If not all you need is a quick trip to the store!
I can guarantee the whole fam will love this pasta dish, & it makes less of a mess with just one pan! I don’t know about you but I love any recipe that helps cut down on the washing up!
The ingredient list you need to make One Pot Taco Pasta:
I used chickpea pasta to make this recipe, as well as Grass-fed Ground Beef, canned black beans, canned corn (but do use fresh corn if it is in season!) and Primal Palate’s Taco Seasoning (but you can also prep your own!) You’ll also need shredded Mexican cheese, your favorite brand of salsa, some avocado oil, garlic, a yellow onion and some sea salt!
Sause and seasoning:
The sauce, salsa, and seasonings are easy to dump in and stir. You will need to cut the yellow onion into tiny pieces as prep.
What kind of pot do you use?
I used my large Cuisinart, similar to this one! You will need a large pan/bowl big enough to fit all of your ingredients with a bit of space to mix everything really well to make this all in one!
Can you make this dairy free?
Yes! Leave out the cheese and you will still have the delicious taste of this taco pasta. The starch in the pasta will help make the sauce creamy without added dairy if you need it to.
Can I use any pasta?
Yes! Any shells that you like to use can be added in here. I love using chickpea pasta, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Different types and brands of pasta will cook at different speeds so you might need to add a little more water during the cooking.
Ground Beef or Turkey:
Can I substitute the ground beef?
Yes! Ground turkey also works really well in this recipe.
Does it matter if I have leftovers?
No, I love leftovers! This can easily be reheated in the microwave but best if eaten within 1-2 days of making! Just make sure to cool it and store it in a sealed container in the fridge. I like these ones!
If you love this recipe, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life for your menu:
- One Pot Greek Yogurt Mac & Cheese
- One Pot Sausage & Spinach Pasta
- Easy One Pot Pumpkin Pasta (No Cream!)
- Easy Tortellini Pesto Pasta with Vegetables
- Grilled Chicken Pesto Pasta with Zucchini
- Turkey Marinana Spaghetti Squash
- Ground Beef Enchilada Soup
Save and Pin on Pinterest for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 1 8oz package pasta shells (I used a chickpea pasta here)
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chunky mild salsa
- 1 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning (I used Primal Palate)
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp sea salt (adjust to taste)
- cilantro for garnish
- Start by sauteing minced garlic and onion with avocado oil on a medium heat.
- Add the ground beef with 1 tbsp of the taco seasoning and saute until browned.
- Add water, pasta shells, salsa, corn and black beans. Bring to a boil while continually stirring. Add 1/2 tsp sea salt (adjust to taste) and 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning. Turn heat down to simmer. You will want to continue to stir so the pasta does not stick to the bottom.
- Continue to stir until the sauce has thickened and the pasta is cooked. Add the shredded cheese until it melts.
- Add the remaining sea salt to taste, cilantro for garnish.
This can easily be reheated in the microwave but best if eaten within 1-2 days of making!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 448Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 913mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 34g
until next time...