If you want a good reason to eat a loaded salad, this Italian Chopped Salad is for you. We don’t have time for boring salads over here and this one is definitely not that. Not only is this salad great to fix up during the week, but you can easily make it into a prep for lunches all week long. This salad is loaded with flavor and makes for a satisfying salad to throw together.
Italian Chopped Salad
I love a good chopped salad and this Italian Chopped Salad with lemon dressing is perfect for the warm temperatures! I love making salads like this at home because you can add topping ingredients that you know and make your own salad dressing. A lot of times the salad dressing can have a lot of funky ingredients in it. Making your own dressing at home is not only a great way to prep for the week but it can really cut back on some of the unnecessary ingredients that come in salad dressings!
The best part about a chopped salad is that you automatically get in a bunch of greens! Plus, salads just taste better when they are chopped up! If you don’t have a salad chopper, you can use a knife to chop everything up. Trust me, it’s a game changer!
What you need for Italian Chopped Salad
- Green leaf lettuce: I love using green leaf lettuce in salads. You can also use romaine lettuce here too!
- Salami: the key in an Italian salad! adds some protein to the mix too.
- Artichokes: one of my favorites and perfect to add to a salad in the summer!
- Pepperoni: another element in the Italian salad that you don’t want to miss out on.
- Green olives: any kind of olives would work here! If you want to double up on the olives, try adding in black or Kalamata olives too.
- Red onion: a little onion in each bite is perfect in this Italian chopped salad!
- Tomatoes: tomatoes are in season so they are a great topping to add to your salad
- Banana Peppers: I love banana peppers! They add such a good flavor and are perfect for chopping up in a salad
- Provolone Cheese: don’t forget about the cheese! You can do provolone or mozzarella here or both! Whichever you prefer
- Fresh Parsley: don’t forget the fresh herbs for salads! It adds the perfect touch to a salad at home
- Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes: a little seasoning goes a long way. Do a pinch on top of your salad!
What you need for Lemon Dressing
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dijon Mustard
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder
The salad dressing makes enough for a couple salads! Once you make it, store it in the fridge in a closed container and you can use on another salad during the week!
What I used in this recipe:
If you like this salad, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- Summer Berry Chicken Salad
- Kale Brussels Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Shrimp Cobb Salad
Looking for more lunch ideas? Try these!
Pin and save for later!
- 3 cups green leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup artichokes
- 1-2 slices provolone cheese, chopped
- 1/4 cup banana peppers
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 pieces salami (56g), chopped
- 1oz pepperoni, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- dash of Italian seasoning
- red pepper flakes
- For lemon dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Prepare lemon dressing by combining all ingredients and mixing. Set aside.
- Add all salad ingredients into large bowl. Using salad chopper, chop up and mix together.
- Mix in salad dressing.
- Top with fresh parsley, red pepper flakes and italian seasoning. Enjoy!
until next time...