It’s time for all of the summer salads and I’m so ready for it! I’m always craving refreshing salads like this during that time of year. This Summer Berry Chicken Salad is not only full of flavor but it’s the perfect thing to throw together for lunch or dinner during the week. Plus, the blueberry vinaigrette is the best drizzled on top of this. The perfect mix of a little sweet and savory too. I think you’re going to love this one!
How do we feel about fruit in our salads? Some people love it and others are not a fan, but I personally love it! I think it makes for a refreshing topping on salads during the spring/summertime. Plus, you can’t beat a salad loaded with all the color like this Summer Berry Chicken Salad.
This salad is perfect to make for a group cookout or have all week long for lunches. If you wanted to prep this, I would suggest making the chicken ahead of time and then getting all your toppings ready to easily pull from. For example, chop up the fruit, prepare the bacon, etc. Also, making the dressing ahead of time and storing in the fridge is super helpful! You can use it all week long.
If you want to switch this up, I would suggest trying salmon or shrimp on it! They would make for a great combo
What you need for Summer Berry Chicken Salad:
- Mixed Greens
- Feta Cheese
- Grilled chicken
For the blueberry vinaigrette:
- Fresh blueberries
- Olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- Sea salt
How do you store your salad dressing?
I’ll store the blueberry vinaigrette in the fridge for the week! I like to store it in these containers to maintain freshness. Once storing, you may want to add a little water as the dressing may start to thicken up.
This salad makes for one serving! Although, the dressing will make enough to store in the fridge for the week.
If you like this salad, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Looking for more homemade salad dressings? Try some of these!
- Kale Brussels Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Buddha Bowls with Peanut Sauce
- Thai Sesame Shrimp Salad
- Thai Chopped Chicken Salad
What’s the best way to make the blueberry vinaigrette?
How do you make your grilled chicken?
I recently got this Staub Grill pan and love it for making grilled food at home. As someone that lives in an apartment, having grilled food is something that I miss!! This pan definitely makes up for it. I just put a little avocado oil on the bottom and cut a chicken breast in half. Season it with a little sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
How long will this dressing last?
This dressing will last stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days!
Save and Pin for later!
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 grilled chicken breast
- 2 pieces bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- for the blueberry vinaigrette:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp shallot
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp water (may want to add more to get to consistency)
- Prepare blueberry vinaigrette by adding all ingredients to the blender: blueberries, olive oil, shallot, honey, white wine vinegar, lemon, sea salt and water. Blend to combine. You may need to add more water to consistency.
- Prepare grilled chicken breast. Heat up avocado oil on staub grill pan (or grill your own). Coat chicken in a little sea salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook throughly.
- Cook bacon accordingly.
- Prepare salad by combining greens, chopped strawberries, blueberries, walnuts, bacon and feta cheese. Add grilled chicken on top.
until next time...