This Mango Quinoa Salad screams summertime with the fresh mango and flavors packed in here. This salad is so simple to make and perfect for meal prep! It’s great to serve as a lunch or side dish. If you want a new summer side, prep this!
If you’re like me, you are always looking for easy meals to switch up your lunches with. This Mango Quinoa Salad is perfect to add into the rotation! It’s made with a lot of fresh ingredients and loaded with flavor from the mango, cilantro and fresh lime. I love this because it makes enough to have for a couple of days during the week and it’s great to meal prep! If you want to make it as a side for your next cookout, I’m sure everyone will love it as well.
Make this Mango Quinoa Salad for easy meal prep, simple lunches or delicious summer side salad.
What you need for Mango Quinoa Salad:
- Black beans
- Red Bell Pepper
What you need for the dressing:
- Lime Zest
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
How to make Mango Quinoa Salad:
- Prepare quinoa according to package. I like to cook my quinoa in vegetable broth to give it some more flavor.
- Rinse and drain black beans.
- Chop up mango.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients: cooked quinoa, mango, black beans, cilantro, jalapeno and bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix up dressing ingredients. Pour on large bowl of quinoa salad ingredients.
- Mix to combine.
- Adjust seasonings to taste if needed.
How to store your leftover quinoa salad:
It’s best to store your leftover quinoa salad in a sealed container in the fridge. I love using these for easy storage! This is also great to grab and go from the fridge for lunches.
If you want to pair this quinoa salad, try this:
- Top it with grilled chicken, shrimp or salmon!
- Have it as a side with your sandwich or wrap at lunch.
- Enjoy it as a side to your cookout with burgers.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Summer Shrimp Bowls
- Shrimp Tostadas with Pineapple Salsa
- Roasted Sweet Potato Kale Salad
- Salmon Rice Bowls
How long will this quinoa salad last in the fridge?
This salad will last stored in the fridge for 4-5 days!
Is this best to serve warm or cold?
I like to serve this salad cold! It also gets better as the dressing soaks into the ingredients.
Is quinoa healthy?
Quinoa is a good source of protein, providing about 8 grams of protein per cub. It’s also rich in antioxidants and fiber. It’s a great option for a plant based protein!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- dash of pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package. I like to cook mine in vegetable broth for more flavor!
- Chop up red bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro and mango.
- In a large bowl, add cooked quinoa, bell pepper, mango, cilantro and jalapeno.
- In a small bowl, mix together dressing ingredients: olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, lime juice, lime zest, sea salt, garlic powder, paprika and dash of pepper. Mix and pour over quinoa.
- Mix together to combine.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
Adjust seasonings to taste.
until next time...