These Buffalo Chicken Sweet Peppers are going to be your new favorite appetizer! Plus, made in the air fryer so they come together so quick! If you need something to take to your next party, fix for your gathering at home or just want a little afternoon snack then plan to make these!
Buffalo Chicken Sweet Peppers
There aren’t many appetizers better than the ones that include buffalo chicken in them. Even better, an appetizer that cooks in 5 minutes and is the perfect popable bite! These Buffalo Chicken Sweet Peppers will be a crowd pleaser and come together with a few simple ingredients. If I haven’t convinced you that an air fryer is the best ever, then these peppers may be what convinces you to add one to your kitchen. I use my air fryer all the time! It’s great for making life a little easier during the week when you want something fast.
If you want to prepare ahead of time for these Buffalo Chicken Sweet Peppers, you can make the shredded buffalo crockpot chicken and keep in the fridge until you’re ready to assemble these peppers. Prepping the chicken ahead of time will have these peppers coming together seamlessly when it’s time.
What you need for Buffalo Chicken Sweet Peppers:
- Shredded Chicken: you can either use shredded crockpot chicken or shredded rotisserie chicken for this!
- Buffalo Sauce: any of your favorite buffalo sauces will work here. I love having the Primal kitchen buffalo sauce around for this.
- Plain Greek Yogurt: any plain greek yogurt will work and makes this so creamy!
- Sweet Peppers: grab a bag of these at the store to cut in half and stuff the buffalo chicken in! I love the colors these add to this appetizer
- Shredded Cheese: any of your favorite shredded cheese will work here but I used a shredded Mexican cheese.
- Sea salt, Garlic powder: simple spices go a long way here!
Can I use any buffalo sauce?
Yes! Any of your favorite buffalo sauces would work here. I like using the Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce.
What air fryer do you use?
I LOVE the air fryer! If you don’t already have one of these, I promise you will love it! I toss veggies, chicken tenders, toast–everything in there! Check out this one!
What if I don’t have a crockpot?
If you don’t have a crockpot to use for the shredded chicken breast, you can also use rotisserie chicken or you can cook the chicken breast and then shred in a food processor or blender. I do LOVE my crockpot and use it throughout the year for recipes. I use this one!
How to make these peppers:
- Start by cutting sweet peppers in half. Set aside
- If you’re preparing shredded crockpot chicken, place 2-3 chicken breasts in the crockpot with 1/2 cup chicken broth and buffalo sauce in the crockpot. Let it cook for 4 hours until you can shred it with a fork.
- Combine chicken, plain greek yogurt and spices into a bowl and mix together.
- Stuff buffalo chicken mixture into each sweet pepper
- Place in the air fryer at 370 for 4 minutes. Then, top with shredded cheese and place back in the air fryer for 1 minute.
- Top with red pepper flakes and green onion. Enjoy!
Do you like buffalo flavors? Check out these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- This Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- These easy, Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Buffalo Chicken Naan Flatbread
Looking for more easy appetizer recipes? Try these!
- 1 bag of sweet peppers (8oz)
- 2 cups shredded buffalo chicken
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt & pepper
- For the shredded buffalo chicken:
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- optional: red pepper flakes, green onion
- Start by preparing the shredded crockpot chicken by combining chicken breast, chicken broth and buffalo sauce in the crockpot for 4+ hrs until you can shred it with a fork.
- Cut sweet peppers in half.
- In bowl, combine shredded buffalo chicken, plain yogurt and spices. Mix together.
- Scoop out enough of buffalo chicken mixture into each sweet pepper.
- Place in the air fryer at 370 for 4 minutes.
- Top with shredded mexican cheese and place back in the air fryer for 1 minute.
- Top with red pepper flakes and green onion.
until next time...