I love a good salad during the week and this Mediterranean Farro Salad makes for a delicious salad to meal prep for the week. Not only is it packed with flavor but filled with fresh ingredients too. Whether you’re looking for a new salad to add to your meal plan for the week or want a delicious side dish to serve with dinner, you’ll love this one!
Depending on the week, I like to find ways to switch up my lunch recipes from the usual. It can get a little boring after a while, so I wanted to make this Mediterranean Farro Salad combining two of my favorites–Mediterranean flavors and farro! This salad is packed with flavor, perfect for meal prep and makes for a filling vegetarian dish.
I love how you can easily switch this up going from a vegetarian meal to packing it with more protein by adding grilled chicken, tuna or even shredded chicken mix into it. If you don’t want this as your meal, try to pair it as a side for lunch or dinner. The flavors here are one that everyone will love! If you’re like me and love the mediterranean flavors, be sure to check out the many other recipes on One Balanced Life (one of my favorites being the Mediterranean Tuna Salad!)
What you need for Mediterranean Farro Salad:
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- White Wine Vinegar
- Italian Seasoning
- Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder
How do you cook farro?
You’ll want to follow the instructions on your farro package but I boil mine in vegetable broth for additional flavor. You can also use water but I recommend using broth if you have it!
How to store this Mediterranean Farro Salad for the week:
Storing this salad is easy! I find it’s best to store this in sealed containers in the fridge to maintain freshness for a couple days! I’ll use these containers for a variety of sizes or these that are great to take on the go.
How long will this Mediterranean Farro Salad last?
You can count on this salad lasting up to 4-5 days in the fridge! Try squeezing fresh lemon on top if it stays in the fridge for a couple of days.
If you want to pair this salad with a meal, try these options:
- Add grilled chicken on top!
- Toss it with tuna or shredded chicken for a little additional protein
- Pair it alongside a wrap or sandwich at lunch.
- Serve it as a side for your dinner
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- This Mediterranean Orzo Salad is similar in taste using a different grain!
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- Mediterranean Chopped Salad
- Cheese Chickpeas and Farro
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 2 cups cooked farro (cooked in vegetable broth)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, pepper
- Start by cooking farro. I like to cook mine in vegetable broth for additional flavor but you can also cook in water.
- Chop up all ingredients: tomato, cucumber, red onion.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Remove the outer "shells" from chickpeas too.
- Add dressing ingredients in separate bowl: juice of lemon, olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, garlic powder, italian seasoning, sea salt and pepper.
- In large bowl combine farro and chopped tomato, cucumber, red onion. Add chickpeas too.
- Pour in dressing and mix to combine. Adjust seasonings if needed.
I like to cook the farro in vegetable broth for additional flavor.
You can adjust the seasonings: sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and italian seasoning to preference.
until next time...