All my tuna lovers, this is for you! I seriously love tuna. I think it doesn’t get the credit it deserves. It’s one of my favorite things to make for a quick lunch and there are so many ways to switch it up! For example, I used this in a pita pocket to make a pita melt using some of the tuna and cheese. It was so good and so easy! Other ways I like to enjoy tuna is on sweet potato toast, on a salad, or just with some veggies and crackers.
It’s a great source of protein and will keep you feeling satisfied for lunch. When making lunch, I always look for something that is not only simple but will keep me feeling full for the day. I like this Mediterranean tuna salad because you can prep it for the week and you have lunch covered!
I also love everything mediterranean flavors, which was what inspired me to make this! I could eat these flavor combos all the time and not get sick of it. Between the olives, artichokes, and feta cheese, YUM! If you need to make this dairy free, of course you can omit the feta cheese here.
Here are a few ingredients that you need:
- Tuna cans
- Mayo made with Avocado Oil
- Veggies: olives, banana peppers, cucumber, onion
- Feta Cheese
- 3 cans tuna
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayo made with avocado oil (I use Primal Kitchen)
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1/4 cup chopped banana peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped olives
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 1/2 chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped artichokes
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (more for garnish)
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Sea salt, pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Store in fridge for the week!
until next time...