All my tuna lovers, this is for you! I seriously love tuna. I think it doesn’t get the credit it deserves. It’s one of my favorite things to make for a quick lunch and there are so many ways to switch it up! For example, I used this in a pita pocket to make a pita melt using some of the tuna and cheese. It was so good and so easy! Other ways I like to enjoy tuna is on sweet potato toast, on a salad, or just with some veggies and crackers. You’ll love this delicious twist on tuna in this Mediterranean Tuna Salad.
What you need for Mediterranean Tuna Salad:
- Canned albacore tuna
- Avocado oil mayo or plain greek yogurt
- Banana peppers
- Red onion
- Kalamata Olives
- Feta cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Red wine vinegar
- Sea salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, garlic powder
How to make:
- Chop up all ingredients.
- Combine into a large bowl.
- Prepare creamy mixture in small bowl: greek yogurt or avocado oil mayo, seasonings, lemon juice and red wine vinegar.
- Mix to combine.
Finding a good quality tuna:
Why I love tuna for a healthy lunch:
It’s a great source of protein and will keep you feeling satisfied for lunch. When making lunch, I always look for something that is not only simple but will keep me feeling full for the day. I like this Mediterranean tuna salad because you can prep it for the week and you have lunch covered!
Looking for other ideas for healthy, simple lunches?
Check out this blog post all on simple and easy lunches to make during the week! Let’s be real, we want something that will be quick and easy and these are all just that.
How to store tuna for the week:
I love storing tuna salad in these containers! This helps maintain the freshness of it and makes it easy to pull out and fix when you want to.
Why tuna makes for a great protein source:
Tuna is FULL of protein! It’s a great because it is loaded with protein while still being lower in calories and fat. It is also super versatile, like this Mediterranean Tuna Salad. If you serve this for lunch, you won’t be looking for a snack right after and I can guarantee it will keep you feeling satisfied for a few hours. It’s important to find meals like this, especially ones that are full of protein to keep you nourished throughout the day.
What else can I mix with a can of tuna?
If you don’t want to make this tuna salad, try mixing a can of tuna with a little greek yogurt, dijon mustard and some spices to keep it super simple. Or mix it in pasta to make an easy pasta salad.
Different ways to serve tuna salad:
- In a pita pocket with melted cheese!
- On top of greens
- With veggies or crackers
- In bell peppers
If you like this recipe, try these on One Balanced Life:
Save and Pin for later!
- 2 cans tuna
- 1/4 cup mayo made with avocado oil (I use Primal Kitchen) or plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped banana peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp feta cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped artichokes
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, pepper (more to taste)
- Chop up all ingredients.
- In bowl, combine tuna and remaining ingredients.
- Prepare creamy mixture by combining avocado oil mayo or greek yogurt with juice of lemon, red wine vinegar and seasonings. Mix to combine.
- Pour into tuna mixture and combine.
until next time...