I make chicken salad a lot over here! It’s easy and delicious for during the week. I like having something like this prepared for the week so I can quickly throw together lunch if I need to. This Healthy Chicken Salad not only makes for an easy lunch during the week, but it will leave you feeling satisfied after having it too. You’ll love this simple recipe!
What you need to make this Healthy Chicken Salad:
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Mayo made with avocado oil (I like this one!)
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Dijon Mustard
- Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- Slivered Almonds
- Lemon, juice
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion Powder
How to make this chicken salad:
If you want to switch it up, try doing this with your salad:
- In a wrap
- In a pita
- On top of greens
- With veggies and crackers
- In a sandwich
- On sweet potato toast
Why you’ll love this Healthy Chicken Salad:
- Lunch that’s ready for the week!? Count me in!
- It’s so simple to make and so delicious!
- You can serve it multiple ways so you’ll never get sick of it
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these Chicken Salads on One Balanced Life:
- Chipotle Chicken Salad
- Lemon Basil Chicken Salad
- Curry Chicken Salad
- Thai Chopped Chicken Salad
- Lemon Basil Rotisserie Salad
Want more easy lunch ideas? Try these!
How do you make your shredded chicken breast?
If I’m not using a rotisserie chicken, I prepare my shredded chicken by placing 2 chicken breasts and 1/2 cup chicken broth in the crockpot for 4+ hrs until you can shred with a fork. If you don’t want to do crockpot chicken, you can substitute this for rotisserie chicken! Making it an even easier recipe.
Save and Pin for later!
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp mayo made with avocado oil
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp whole grain dijon
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup chopped celery, finely
- 1 cup halved grapes
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (+ more to taste)
- dash of pepper
- Shred rotisserie chicken.
- Combine all of the ingredients for dressing: mayo, plain greek yogurt, dijon mustard, whole grain dijon, lemon juice and seasonings. Mix together.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, grapes, slivered almonds and celery.
- Mix dressing with chicken to combine.
- Store in fridge for the week. Serve however you like!
until next time...