I make chicken salad a lot over here! It’s easy and delicious for during the week. I like having something like this prepared for the week so I can quickly throw together lunch if I need to. This Healthy Chicken Salad not only makes for an easy lunch during the week, but it will leave you feeling satisfied after having it too. You’ll love this simple recipe!
Healthy Chicken Salad
A few ways you can use this Healthy Chicken Salad:
- In a wrap
- In a pita
- On top of greens
- With veggies and crackers
- In a sandwich
- On sweet potato toast
Here’s what you need to make this Healthy Chicken Salad:
- Shredded chicken breasts (rotisserie chicken works too!)
- Mayo made with avocado oil (I like this one!)
- Dijon Mustard
- Honeycrisp Apple
- Slivered Almonds
- Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder
How do you make your shredded chicken breast?
I prepare my shredded chicken by placing 2 chicken breasts and 1/2 cup chicken broth in the crockpot for 4+ hrs until you can shred with a fork. If you don’t want to do crockpot chicken, you can substitute this for rotisserie chicken! Making it an even easier recipe.
Can I substitute the mayo for greek yogurt?
Yes! If you aren’t a fan of mayo (I know not everyone is a fan!) then you can definitely substitute it for a plain greek yogurt.
Why you’ll love this Healthy Chicken Salad:
- Lunch that’s ready for the week!? Count me in!
- It’s so simple to make and so delicious!
- You can serve it multiple ways so you’ll never get sick of it
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these Chicken Salads on One Balanced Life:
- Chipotle Chicken Salad
- Lemon Basil Chicken Salad
- Curry Chicken Salad
- Thai Chopped Chicken Salad
- Lemon Basil Rotisserie Salad
Want more easy lunch ideas? Try these!
- 2 shredded chicken breasts (1 rotisserie chicken works too!)
- 1/3 cup mayo made with avocado oil or plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tsp whole grain dijon
- 1 cup halved grapes
- 1/2 honeycrisp apple, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (+ more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Optional: add 1/2 lemon juice & fresh dill
- To make the chicken prior, combine chicken breasts in the crockpot with a little chicken broth.
- Cook on high for 4 hrs or low for 6 hrs
- Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl.
- Store in fridge for the week. Serve however you like!
until next time...