Anyone else ready for all the spring/summer flavors as much as I am!? This time of year is the best time to buy the ingredients for recipes that are in season and create dishes around those. This Mediterranean orzo salad came to me because 1) I’m still obsessed with all the greek flavors. I can’t get enough of it!! and 2) it’s the perfect dish to make for your spring cookout, pool day, you name it! And that’s just about all that I want right now. So I think someone should make this and go to the beach or pool for me and enjoy it 😉
Not only does it taste good, but it’s also light and refreshing! Which I find to be important for summer dishes. It does take a little time since you have to chop all the veggies, but like i’ve mentioned before, plan meals ahead of time so that you can use the remaining of ingredients for another dish. Like you could totally make the greek turkey burgers too!
You can make this and pair it with grilled chicken, burgers, put it on a salad—so many options! And it makes a bunch too so you’ll have leftovers 🙂
- 2 cups uncooked orzo
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber, tomatoes, olives, yellow bell pepper
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2-1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper + more to taste
- Cook orzo according to package. Set aside
- Chop up cucumber, onion, tomatoes, olives and yellow bell pepper
- Add in a bowl with the orzo.
- Add in remaining ingredients: lemon, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, salt & pepper & feta cheese
until next time...