Warmer temps calls for all the fresh salads! This Mediterranean Orzo Salad is one of my favorites because you can pair it with anything during the week or serve it with your cookout spread. I guarantee everyone will love this! Not only is it so simple to make but it’s also super refreshing made with a dressing of lemon, red wine vinegar and ACV. Packed with all the flavors that make this all the mediterranean flavors that you love!
Mediterranean Orzo Salad
Is it just me or do you love having salads like this during the spring/summertime? I’m always looking for ways to munch on these while keeping them satisfying and nutritious. This Mediterranean Orzo Salad is not only packed with all the flavor but it’s a light salad that will keep you feeling good when you eat it! Not only would it be perfect to make for a summer cookout, but it would be great to prep for the week too! It’s great to prep and and serve with turkey wraps for lunch or alongside some grilled chicken for dinner to make into a meal during the week. I love having salads like this ready so you can easily throw together a meal when the time comes.
I can guarantee if you love Mediterranean flavors, then you’ll love this salad! Definitely a crowd pleaser too 🙂 Let me know what you think and how you paired it in the comments!
What you need for Mediterranean Orzo Salad:
- Red Onion
- Kalamata Olives
- Feta Cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Sea salt, garlic powder, pepper, dill
- Olive oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Red Wine Vinegar
Having a hard time finding orzo? For some reason, my stores were out of orzo a lot! I ordered this one and it worked great.
How to pair this Mediterranean Orzo Salad:
- With a cookout! This salad would be great alongside burgers on the grill and perfect pool or beachside.
- As a lunch prep for the week. You can prepare this to have with all your meals during the week. I especially love it alongside a wrap
- Top it with grilled chicken to make a full meal for lunch or dinner
How to make Mediterranean Orzo Salad:
- Cook orzo pasta according to package. Be sure to follow exactly so the orzo doesn’t get sticky or mushy!
- Chop up all ingredients: tomatoes, cucumber, onion, artichokes, olives and parsley.
- In small bowl, combine dressing ingredients: olive oil, red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, lemon.
- Mix dressing with orzo salad. Lightly toss to combine.
- Store in the fridge and allow the dressing to soak into the salad.
Can I leave out the feta cheese?
Yes! If you want to make this a dairy free recipe, you can leave out the feta cheese in this salad.
Is orzo served hot or cold?
Since orzo is cooked on the stove similar to pasta, it will be hot. But for this salad in particular it will be cold! Let the pasta drain after cooking and mix with the remaining ingredients before storing in the fridge. Orzo is a super versatile pasta.
How long does this last in the fridge?
You can keep this orzo salad in the fridge up to a week! If it lasts that long 🙂 I recommend storing it in glass containers to keep it fresh in the fridge. I like using these for a variety of sizes or these Ello Products!
What I used to make this salad:
I think this salad tastes better as it soaks up the dressing! After you mix all of the ingredients, place it in the fridge to sit for a couple of hours before serving!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Looking for more healthy recipes to prep for the week? Try these!
Mediterranean Orzo Salad
Simple, delicious salad!
- 2 1/2 cup cooked orzo
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped artichokes
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Cook orzo according to package. Be sure to follow cooking instructions.
- Chop up all ingredients.
- Mix together dressing by combining lemon, red wine vinegar, ACV, olive oil and seasonings.
- Pour on top of cooked orzo and veggies. Toss lightly to combine.
- Adjust seasonings to taste if needed.
- Store in the fridge.
until next time...
Leave a Reply