These Lemon Coconut Bites are the perfect sweet treat during the spring and summertime! It’s refreshing while still giving your sweet tooth all that it wants. I love making these bites to have on hand during the week. Not only are they perfect to grab out of the fridge for something easy, but they only require a couple ingredients to make. Plus, once you buy all of the ingredients, you usually have enough to last you for a couple more rounds of these.
As the weather starts to warm up, I want all the lemon treats! The flavor of lemon and lemon zest in recipes is so good! It adds the best touch of sweetness and a light flavor that’s perfect for these bites. All you need are 5 ingredients to make these bites! The only sweetener used is from the dates which make these a perfect snack.
These Lemon Coconut Bites are great to meal prep for the week too. They can easily be stored in the fridge for the week and enjoyed as a quick snack that everyone will love.
What you need for Lemon Coconut Bites:
- Deglet Noor Pitted Dates
- Raw Almonds
- Zest of lemon
- Shredded coconut
- Sea salt
How to make Lemon Coconut Bites:
- Combine dates and almonds to a food processor. Blend to process completely.
- Add juice of lemon and lemon zest to blender with cinnamon and a pinch of sea salt. Process again.
- Place mixture in the fridge for 20+ minutes before rolling into bites.
- Roll into bites and then roll in shredded coconut (small shreds).
- Store in the fridge!
How I store these bites:
If you want to pair these bites with a balanced meal, try these:
- Crumble your lemon coconut bite on greek yogurt.
- Add a bite into your smoothie!
- Have a bite alongside scrambled eggs for a boost of protein.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
Why do you use Deglet Noor dates?
I love using dates in a lot of my bite recipes and these are no exception. I buy the big container of the Pitted Deglet Noor dates at Costco and it gets me through the endless amounts of bites that I make over here! To note on this recipe, I haven’t used medjool dates and those are usually larger than the deglet noor which means this recipe may not be exact for those. If you decide to use them, I would recommend starting out with half of what this recipe calls and then add them in as you go in order to get the right texture. You’ll want it to be a bit sticky in order to form the balls —but not too sticky!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
Lemon Coconut Bites
These Lemon Coconut Bites make for a delicious spring snack made with only 5 ingredients! Perfect snack to meal prep for the week.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup deglet noor pitted dates
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1/2-1 lemon
- dash of sea salt
- Add almonds and dates to the food processor to blend. Process until completely blended.
- Add shredded coconut, lemon, lemon zest and sea salt.
- Process again.
- Place mixture in the fridge for 20+ minutes.
- Roll into balls and roll into shredded coconut.
- Store in the fridge!
until next time...
Leave a Reply