If you want to add a new plant based lunch into your weekly meal prep routine, try this Mashed Buffalo Chickpea Salad. It’s made with just a few simple ingredients and is perfect to add to a wrap, serve with crackers or put on toast.
I have many times where I’m left trying to figure out what I want to make for lunch. I love finding easy meals like this that I can count on when I don’t know what to make! Plus, it’s great to make at the beginning of the week and store in the fridge for an easy meal when you need something quick at lunch time. Filled with buffalo flavors and a plant based meal that will leave you feeling full and satisfied too.
Once you have this prepped in the fridge, I recommend switching it up by putting it in a wrap, serving with crackers or putting it on a sandwich. There are so many ways to enjoy this salad throughout the week.
What you need for Mashed Buffalo Chickpea Salad:
- Garbanzo Beans
- Buffalo Sauce
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Green Onion
- Red Onion
- Shredded Carrots
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
How to make chickpea salad:
- Start by draining and rinsing the garbanzo beans. Remove the outer “shells” from the bean.
- Add to bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add finely chopped celery, red onion, shredded carrots and green onion.
- In a small bowl, mix together greek yogurt, buffalo sauce and seasonings.
- Mix to combine with mashed chickpeas.
How to store your leftover Mashed Buffalo Chickpea Salad:
I recommend storing it in a sealed container in the fridge. I like using these. This is great to meal prep because it will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days!
If you want to switch it up, try these options:
- Serve it with crackers and fresh veggies!
- Add it to a wrap with avocado
- Top it on toasted bread
- Add it to fresh greens!
If you like this recipe, you may enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Curried Chickpea Salad
- Roasted Chickpea and Cauliflower Bowls
- Chipotle Chicken Salad
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- Southwestern Kale Salad
How long will this salad last?
This salad will last for 4-5 days in the fridge! It’s best to keep it stored in a sealed container to maintain its freshness.
Is there a difference between garbanzo beans and chickpeas?
While the different names can be confusing, they are in fact the same bean! When making this recipe, you can find any can of garbanzo beans or chickpeas.
Can I substitute the greek yogurt?
Yes! If you’d like to substitute the mayo with greek yogurt, you can! I love using an Avocado oil mayo like this one.
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
Buffalo Chickpea Salad
This Buffalo Chickpea Salad is a plant based meal that's loaded with protein and perfect for meal prep. Put it in a wrap or serve with crackers for a simple meal during the week!
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 2 tbsp green onion
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots, chopped
- 3 tbsp buffalo sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- dash of pepper
- Rinse and drain can of chickpeas. Remove outer "shells" from the chickpeas.
- In a small bowl, combine plain greek yogurt, buffalo sauce and seasonings. Mix and set aside.
- In a bowl, add chickpeas and mash with a fork. Leaving some remaining in shape if you'd like.
- Add chopped celery, red onion, green onion and carrots. Finely chopped is best
- Add buffalo sauce mixture to fully combine.
- Adjust with seasonings if needed.
I used Fage 0% Greek Yogurt
until next time...
Leave a Reply