If you’re looking for a new plant based meal to add to your dinner routine, these Roasted Cauliflower Tostadas will be your new favorite. Not only are these so simple to make, but they are loaded with flavor too! This vegetarian meal will leave you feeling satisfied too.
I love finding ways to create simple dinners that also taste and feel elevated! These Roasted Cauliflower Tostadas are not only quick and easy to make for a delicious dinner, but they feel like something you would get at a restaurant! The roasted cauliflower is packed with flavor and makes for a delicious topping on these tostadas. If you have leftovers, use the roasted cauliflower in a salad or bowl for another easy lunch or dinner.
Add these Roasted Cauliflower Tacos to your next meatless Monday meal!
What you need for Roasted Cauliflower Tostadas
- Head of Cauliflower
- Corn tortilla
- Refried black beans
- Pickled onions
- Cumin Powder
- Chili Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
What you need for Cashew Cilantro Sauce:
- Coconut milk
- Garlic clove
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
How to make tostadas:
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place corn tortilla in the oven for 10 minutes. Flipping over half way through.
- Prepare cauliflower by cutting up head of cauliflower into florets. Try not to have any pieces be too small or big!
- Mix together seasonings in small bowl.
- In a bowl mix together cauliflower with seasonings to completely coat.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Flipping half way.
- Prepare refried black beans by heating up on the stove.
- Prepare cashew cilantro sauce by adding all ingredients to the blender. Mix together.
- Assemble tostadas with refried black beans, roasted cauliflower, pickled onions and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with cashew cilantro sauce.
How to make pickled onions:
Pickled onions add the best flavor to everything, but especially to this burger bowl! Start by chopping up the red onion in half and then into some thin “C” slices. Set aside to make the brine. Take 6oz of water and set to a boil on the stove. Put in 1 tbsp salt with 1 tbsp white sugar into the mason jar with red onion. Pour in the boiled water and then fill the rest of the jar with white vinegar. Place lid on mason jar and give it a spin to let onions soak it up. Store in the fridge for the week!
How to store your leftovers:
I recommend storing your leftover roasted cauliflower in a sealed container in the fridge! I like using these. I’ll also use these Porter Bowls a lot for making pickled onions and storing homemade sauces too!
If you want to switch up these Cauliflower Tostadas, try this:
- Try using refried pinto beans instead of black beans!
- Top with fresh red onion
- Drizzle with a different sauce if you don’t want to make the cashew cilantro sauce!
- Use this in a taco instead of making it into a tostada.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Shrimp Tostadas with Pineapple Salsa
- Beef and Bean Tostadas
- Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Bowls
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadilla
Can these be prepped ahead of time?
These will be best when making them and enjoying right after! If you have leftovers or want to prep ahead of time, you can roast the cauliflower and make the refried black beans. Pickled onions are also great to prep ahead of time too!
How long does the cashew cilantro sauce last?
You can keep this up to 3-4 days in the fridge! It may thicken up in the fridge and you will want to add a little water to it.
Can I use a different tortilla?
I think corn tortillas work best for tostadas!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
Roasted Cauliflower Tostadas
These Roasted Cauliflower Tostadas make for an easy weeknight dinner that's packed with flavor! Perfect plant based meal that will leave you feeling satisfied after.
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 tbsp refried black beans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup pickled onions
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- optional: red pepper flakes, fresh cilantro
- for cashew cilantro sauce:
- 1 cup cilantro (stems & all)
- 1/2 jalapeno, no seeds
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup raw cashews (soaked for 4+ hrs)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place tortilla on baking sheet and place in the oven for 10 minutes. Flipping half way through.
- Mix together seasonings for cauliflower: cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, sea salt.
- Coat cauliflower with olive oil and seasonings. Mix to completely coat.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Flipping half way through.
- Prepare cashew cilantro sauce by combining all ingredients into the blender to blend. Set aside.
- Heat up refried black beans on the stove.
- Prepare tostadas by topping refried black beans, roasted cauliflower, pickled red onions, tomatoes and drizzle with cashew cilantro sauce.
- Optional to top with red pepper flakes and fresh cilantro.
Roasted cauliflower will make enough for more than 2 tostadas.
Cashew cilantro sauce can be stored in the fridge to use all week.
until next time...
Leave a Reply