Okay this quesadilla may be a new favorite over here. It’s seriously the best combo, I mean does it get any better than sweet potato in a melty quesadilla? YUM. This makes for an easy vegetarian meal to throw together for a weeknight lunch or dinner! I think these are going to be a new repeat meal around here.
What you need to make this quesadilla:
- Tortilla (I used a whole wheat tortilla!)
- Sweet Potato
- Black Beans
- Mozzarella cheese (or any cheese you’d like to use!)
How to make a Sweet Potato Black Bean and Spinach Quesadilla:
- Start by cooking your sweet potato. I cook at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes depending on the size of the sweet potato!
- Let the sweet potato cool down and mash it in a bowl. Using one tortilla, add mashed sweet potato, black beans, cheese and spinach.
- Place on pan on medium heat. Add top tortilla (so you’ll be using 2 tortillas here!)
- Cook on both sides until tortilla browns and cheese melts.
- Top with red pepper flakes & enjoy!
If you enjoy this recipe, you may also like these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- 2 tortillas (I used organic whole wheat here)
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1/3 cup black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (add desired amount of cheese)
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- Optional: red pepper flakes
- Start by cooking sweet potato. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake for 30-40 minutes depending on the size of the sweet potato.
- Using one tortilla, mash the sweet potato, then add black beans, cheese and spinach.
- Place on a pan on medium heat. Add top tortilla and cook on both sides until crispy and cheese has melted.
until next time...