This pantry filled meal is my recent obsession! With most ingredients coming from pantry items, you can throw together this weeknight dinner in no time. Plus, it’s so easy but looks so fancy, you can fool anyone to thinking you worked hours to prepare this!!
This recipe makes a bunch so great if you’re serving the family or prepare it and have it for a couple meals during the week. I don’t think you’ll get sick of this one!
If you don’t have farro in the pantry, switch this out for brown rice! It will be just as tasty and easy to prepare!
Ps. pair it with some red wine for a fancy date night or dinner with your friends.
How to make cheesy chickpea and farro:
Cook farro according to the package. In pan, add in oil and minced garlic, mushrooms and onion to sauté. Turn heat down and add in cooked farro with veggie broth. Continue to stir and add in chickpeas and seasonings to mix. Add spinach in to wilt. Turn heat down to medium low and add shredded parmesan cheese to melt.
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- I 1/2 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup veggie broth
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (or any desired cheese!)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Cook farro according to package.
- In pan, add olive oil, minced garlic, onion and mushrooms to saute.
- Turn heat down to medium and add in veggie broth and cooked farro and stir.
- Add in chickpeas and mushrooms and seasonings to mix. Add in more seasoning to taste if needed.
- Stir for a couple minutes and add in spinach to wilt.
- Turn heat down to medium low and add in shredded parmesan cheese.
- Continue to stir until cheese completely melts.
- Top with red pepper flakes!
until next time...