I’ve been loving all the greek flavors so I decided to make these Greek turkey burgers to continue to my love for it. They are sooo good!! Especially on the little sweet potato buns and a little dollop of homemade tzaziki sauce on them. You know how I always talk about having things prepared & how much I like to have some things ready to make a quick meal and these are perfect for that!
You can make everything ahead of time. I made the burgers into small patties and this recipe makes like 10 of them. You can also make the sweet potato rounds ahead of time and just reheat by throwing in the toaster or toaster oven before serving (the same thing you would do for sweet potato toast).
These burgers can also be made into a regular size patty as well. Not only do they taste good on a sweet potato bun, but you can serve them:
- On a bed of greens in a salad
- With a regular bun
- Alongside sweet potato fries
For homemade tzatziki sauce (this makes enough to store for the week):
- 1 cup mayo (I used Primal Kitchen Foods Mayo made with Avocado Oil)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Top with more fresh dill & olive oil
Greek Turkey Burgers with tzatziki sauce
Greek flavors on a sweet potato bun!
- 1 Japanese Sweet Potato
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped olives
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped artichokes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper (added more after mixing up)
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- optional: feta cheese —highly recommend 🙂
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- To make the tzaziki sauce, combine all of the ingredients and set aside.
- Cut sweet potato rounds into thick rounds for your “bun” and bake for 12-15 minutes on each side or until brown on each side.
- In one bowl, combine turkey, olives, artichokes, spinach, red onion, egg, almond flour & seasonings. Mix together.
- Form into patties and saute on the stove in a little avocado oil. Saute on each side until completely cooked through. Around 10-12 minutes depending on size of patty.
- Form into mini sliders with sweet potato bun and top with tzatziki.
until next time...
Leave a Reply