If you’re looking for a new salad to add to your holiday menu, this is it! This Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad is the perfect light option to add to the table. Filled with pomegranate, honeycrisp apple and crumbled goat cheese.
This time of year calls for all of the recipes with brussels sprouts. They make for a great addition to an easy weeknight dinner or even the base of a delicious salad. This Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad is just one way that you can use brussels sprouts this season. The key is to shred them thin! No one wants a big bite of uncooked brussels sprouts 😉
Have you tried any of the other brussels sprouts recipes on One Balanced Life? Two of my favorites are the Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts and Shredded Kale Brussels Sprouts Salad.
What you need for Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad:
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Crumbled Goat Cheese
- Candied Pecans
- Olive oil
- Dijon Mustard
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Apple Cider Vinegar
How to make this salad:
- Start by shredding the brussels sprouts. I like to shred them myself instead of using the bagged version, although if you want to keep it simpler you can do this!
- Prepare the dressing by combining the ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded brussels sprouts, chopped pecans, crumbled goat cheese, apple and pomegranate.
- Pour dressing in and mix to combine.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
How to store your salad:
It’s best to store any leftovers of your shredded brussels sprouts salad in a sealed container in the fridge. I like using these!
If you want to pair this salad, try this:
- Serve it as a side dish with other Thanksgiving sides!
- Have it alongside a sandwich or wrap
- Top it with chicken or any protein that you like to make it into a meal.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- Shredded Kale Brussels Salad
- Warm Quinoa Brussels Salad
- Chicken Sausage Sheetpan Dinner
Can I prepare this ahead of time?
Yes! I recommend making this a few hours before you plan to serve it if fixing it as a side dish. It soaks into the dressing and adds a lot of flavor!
Can I use shredded brussels sprouts in the bag?
You can to save time! I do prefer shredding them myself to remove the big pieces of brussels sprouts.
How long will this last for?
This will last good in the fridge for up to 2-3 days! I do recommend serving it fresh after the dressing soaks in though!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
Shredded Brussels Salad
This Shredded Brussels Salad makes for a perfect side dish to add to your holiday table! It's light while also adding so much flavor too.
- 4 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped candied pecans
- 1 cup chopped honeycrisp apple
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheeses
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Thinly shred brussels sprouts. I like to do this on my own instead of buying store bought ones.
- In a large bowl, add shredded brussels sprouts, candied pecans, pomegranate seeds, honeycrisp apple and goat cheese.
- In a small container mix together ingredients for dressing: olive oil, dijon, honey, apple cider vinegar, water, red wine vinegar and sea salt. Mix up.
- Pour dressing on salad and mix to combine.
If serving this, I would leave off the pomegranate seeds until last and let the dressing soak into the brussels and mixture for an hour + until you serve it. Then add the pomegranate seeds in. That way the color doesn't soak into the rest of the salad!
until next time...
I want to make the Brussel Sprouts salad, however there are no measurements for the dressing ingredients.
Hi Debbie, Be sure you’re scrolling all the way down to the recipe card 🙂