This may be my new favorite salad and I think you’re going to be obsessed with it too! Not only is it so simple to make but it’s the perfect salad to fix as we transition into more spring recipes. The citrus vinaigrette is light, refreshing and such a good twist with this mix! If you love having salads prepped for the week or want one to fix alongside dinner, you’ll love this Shredded Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad.
I’m always in the mood for a good salad! I love how easy they are to switch up and the different toppings you can always add in to make them even better. This Shredded Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad is not only so good by itself (literally lasted two days around here) but even better paired with a protein on top. Plus, it’s already packed with protein with the hemp seeds that I mixed in.
Not to mention, the Citrus Vinaigrette is so delicious!! It’s the perfect mix of sweet and tang. It soaks up in the kale and brussels making it even better. It’s a light dressing too, which makes it a great option for a spring/summer meal.
What you need for Shredded Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad:
- Brussels sprouts (shredded)
- Hemp Seeds
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Slivered Almonds
For the Citrus Vinaigrette:
- Grapefruit (juiced)
- Olive oil
- White Wine Vinegar
- Sea salt
How to store your leftover salad:
It’s best to store any leftovers in a sealed container to maintain freshness. I like using these!
What to pair this Kale Brussels Salad with:
- Add salmon on top
- Mix grilled chicken in!
- Top with tofu or roasted chickpeas
- Eat straight out of the bowl
What I used to make this salad:
- Store this salad in the fridge for a couple hours before serving! That way the dressing can completely soak up into the brussels and kale.
- I like to use my food processor to shred the Brussels sprouts into smaller pieces, but they can easily be chopped to get to this.
You can keep this salad in the fridge for up to 2-3 days! For maximum freshness, I would recommend eating it within 1 to 2 days. I always store it in these containers to keep it fresh.
Hemp seeds are packed with protein and fiber! Plus, they add a little crunch here that I love. If you’re looking to get some, I love these. I love to top hemp seeds on smoothies, toast, oatmeal bowls–so many options! It’s a great way to pack in a little protein and fiber into your day.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these salads on One Balanced Life:
- Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Fall Kale Salad
- Thai Peanut Brussels sprouts
- Copycat Sweetgreen Chicken & Brussels Salad
Want to make this and pair with a meal? Try these recipes:
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 4 cups chopped kale (finely chopped)
- 4 cups shaved brussels
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup slivered or chopped almonds
- For the citrus vinaigrette:
- 3/4 cup grapefruit juice (1 1/2 grapefruit)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp shallot
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- dash of pepper
- Start by chopping up kale and shredding your brussels sprouts (I will buy a bag of brussels sprouts and put them in my food processor to lightly shred.)
- In large bowl, combine kale and brussels sprouts. Add grated parmesan cheese, hemp seeds and almonds.
- Prepare citrus vinaigrette by combining all ingredients into bowl or dressing mixer: grapefruit juice, shallot, olive oil, honey, white wine vinegar and salt/pepper.
- Pour dressing on top of salad mix. Mix to combine. Continue to toss until dressing completely covers salad and toppings.
- Store in the fridge. Enjoy!
until next time...