Fall salads, I’m here for them! This fall kale salad will have you absolutely loving kale. Plus, all the crunchy toppings and mix of sweetness with this salad really makes it a good one. If you’re looking for a good salad to add to your holiday table this year, this would be perfect for it! I promise you’ll have the whole table loving kale after having this. This Fall Kale Salad makes for a salad that’s also great to prepare for a couple days because the dressing soaks into the kale and is delicious!
Fall Kale Salad
These fall flavors wrapped into one nourishing salad. You’ll love this Fall Kale Salad!
What you need:
- Kale: I like to buy the organic kale from Trader Joe’s to use in this salad! The big bag is perfect for this.
- Unsweetened Cranberries: these add the best flavors to a fall salad. I like to do the unsweetened ones to cut back on the sugar that you can find in dried fruit.
- Honeycrisp Apple: what’s a fall salad without honey crisp apple? Small pieces of this are delicious in this fall salad.
- Goat cheese: You can leave this out if you’d like or switch out with feta if you prefer.
- Walnuts: I love adding some crunch to a salad and walnuts are the perfect addition!
- Sweet Potato: Adding roasted sweet potato not only makes this salad more filling but it’s a delicious addition to any salad.
Can I use a different cheese?
Yes! If you want to use feta cheese or any that you have on hand that will work! I love using goat cheese for this. You can also leave out if you’d like.
To make the creamy dressing massaged with it, mix together:
- Dijon mustard
- Olive oil
- Maple syrup
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Sea Salt
What if I want to use my own dressing?
That works too! I love how simple this dressing is, but you can use any that you prefer too. Just make sure you massage the kale when you make it.
How to store this salad:
I always recommend storing your salad in sealed containers in the fridge! I like using these or have this variety of sizes to use too. These are great if you need to take the salad on the go with you too.
How to pair this Fall Kale Salad:
- Add salmon, chicken or any of your favorite proteins!
- Alongside some soup (hint: my white chicken chili)
- With a sandwich, wrap (for some reason I have a grilled cheese on my mind with this)
A few things that I love to use when making this salad:
If you love this salad, you may also enjoy these salads on One Balanced Life:
- Mediterranean Chopped Salad
- Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Thai Sesame Shrimp Salad
- Kale Brussels Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Pesto Power Greens Salad
- Roasted Sweet Potato Kale Salad
Looking for more meal prep friendly recipes? Try these!
Recipe tip: this salad is best to enjoy within a day or two of making!
- 5 cups kale
- 1 sweet potato, roasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 honeycrisp apple slices
- Avocado oil spray
- Sea salt, pepper
- for the dressing:
- 2 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp water + more for desired creamy consistency (you don't want it too watery though!)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
On baking sheet, place chopped sweet potato. Coat with a little avocado oil spray, sea salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 30 minutes (flipping half way through).
Prepare dressing by combining all ingredients into a dressing mixer. Set aside.
In large bowl, add kale. Pour dressing on top and massage and mix to combine.
Add remaining ingredients with the massaged kale: walnuts, cranberries, apple, goat cheese and roasted sweet potato. Mix to combine.
until next time...