We had a sandwich like this at a cute cafe while I was in Moab. It instantly reminded me of the perfect Thanksgiving leftovers meal but honestly think this combo should be on repeat more often than not. It is the most delicious flavor combo but also so easy to make! I love making my own cranberry sauce because it only requires a couple of ingredients and it’s always better knowing what’s going in it than the canned version.
Turkey, Cranberry and Brie Panini
Cranberry sauce has always been a staple on our Thanksgiving table. What about yours? I feel like everyone has different views on how they feel about it, but I love it! And I love it even more when there are so many different ways to use it like I’m going to share with you throughout some recipes on One Balanced Life.
Here’s what you need to make this Turkey, Cranberry and Brie Panini:
- Sourdough bread
- Turkey (I used deli turkey here!)
- Homemade cranberry sauce
- Brie Cheese
Here’s what you need to make the homemade cranberry sauce:
- 1 bag of cranberries
- Maple syrup
- Orange, juiced
- Sea salt
How to make this Turkey, Cranberry and Brie Panini:
- Start by making the homemade cranberry sauce. Do this by adding 1 bag of cranberries to a medium to large saucepan. Add maple syrup and juice of an orange. Stir and mash as it begins to heat up. Keep heat on medium to low and continually mash. Set aside.
- Grab two pieces of sourdough bread and layer cranberry sauce, turkey and brie cheese.
- Place on the panini press and cook until cheese has melted.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
If you’re looking for a panini press, I use this one and love it! Who knew that a panini press would be so great to have around.
If you love this sandwich, try these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- 2 pieces sourdough
- 1/4 cup homemade cranberry sauce
- 4 pieces turkey breast
- 2 slices brie cheese (or desired amount of cheesiness)
- For the cranberry sauce (this makes enough to store)
- 1 package cranberries (12oz)
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- dash of sea salt
- Start by making cranberry sauce. Add bag of cranberries to medium saucepan with orange, maple syrup and sea salt. Continually mash cranberries and stir as they begin to heat up.
- Set aside cranberry sauce and store in the fridge.
- Make panini by layering cranberry sauce, turkey and slices of brie cheese on one piece of sourdough. Top with other piece and place on the panini press.
- Heat up in the press until cheese has melted and bread is toasted.
until next time...