It’s time for a new easy meal that comes together in one pan, or in this case one skillet. This ground turkey sweet potato skillet meal is not only so easy to make but makes for the tastiest addition to your weeknight dinners. I love this one because it’s not only filled with flavor but so satisfying too. One thing that you bet I can always have around here are sweet potatoes (if you haven’t already guessed that ;))
What you need for this Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet:
- Sweet Potato
- Ground Turkey
- Yellow onion
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Green onion
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Vegetable broth
- Avocado oil
- Cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and red pepper flakes
How to make:
- Start by adding minced garlic and onion to skillet with a little avocado oil.
- Put sweet potato in the microwave for 2 minutes before cutting into small pieces. Make sure to do this as the sweet potato won’t cook throughly if you don’t!
- Add ground turkey to the skillet on medium to high heat.
- Add vegetable broth and sweet potato to the skillet and cook while mixing together with onion and ground turkey. You may want to place a lid on top of the skillet to help with cooking. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add in seasonings and mix.
- Add in shredded mozzarella cheese once sweet potato is fork tender. Mix to combine. Turn heat to medium low.
- Top with red pepper flakes and green onion. Enjoy!
If you want to switch this up, try:
- Adding in rice or quinoa to top it on!
- Putting this on a bed of greens
What I used:
If you love this recipe, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- One Pot Taco Pasta
- Butternut & Wild Rice One Pan Meal
- One Pot Broccoli & Cheese Pasta
- Sweet Potato, Brussels sprouts and Chicken Sausage Sheetpan
- 1 package ground turkey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup green onion
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- Start by adding a little avocado oil to skillet. Add minced garlic and onion to saute.
- Place sweet potato in the microwave for 2 minutes (you want to do this so it will cook evenly with the dish)
- Add ground turkey to the skillet with garlic and onion. Cook to brown.
- Chop up sweet potato into small pieces.
- Add sweet potato to skillet with veggie broth. (If you have a top to place on the skillet, do this to help cook the sweet potato)
- Add seasonings: garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and sea salt.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add in shredded mozzarella once sweet potato is fork tender. Mix to combine.
- Top with green onion and red pepper flakes.
until next time...