It was time for another tostada recipe around here. I love these Vegetable Tostadas using my creamy avocado cilantro sauce. If you’re looking for a vegetarian meal that’s not only delicious but make for a simple weeknight meal, this is it! I love how versatile tostadas are and it doesn’t get much better than a crispy tortilla. This time of year is the best time to incorporate all the butternut squash into your meals and they make for a delicious topping on these tostadas. The creamy avocado cilantro sauce on top of these vegetable tostadas is a must!!
Vegetable Tostadas with Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce
What you need:
- Corn Tortilla
- Cubed Butternut Squash
- Refried Black Beans
- Red Onion
- Pumpkin seeds
- Goat cheese
- Cumin, thyme, sea salt, pepper
What you need to make Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce:
- Plain greek yogurt
- Olive oil
- Sea salt/pepper
- Garlic clove
How to make a perfect vegetable tostada:
- Start by spraying each side of the corn tortilla with a little avocado oil/olive oil spray.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes (flipping half way through)
Can I use any tortilla for these vegetable tostadas?
I’ve found that corn tortillas work best for the best crispiness in these tostadas! Depending on preferences, you can try your favorite tortilla–crispiness may just differ.
What if I don’t want to make the creamy avocado cilantro sauce?
Looking for a different sauce to drizzle on these vegetable tostadas? Try one of these!
Or try pesto or hot sauce!
If you like these Vegetable Tostadas, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
Veggie Tostadas with Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce
Meatless meal loaded with flavor!
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.5 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- 1.5 cup cubed butternut squash
- 1/3 cup canned refried black beans (or more depending on how much you would like)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp sea salt & pepper (adjust to taste)
- for the avocado cilantro sauce:
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil/avocado oil
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp water (adjust to desired consistency)
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take corn tortillas and lightly spray each with a little olive oil spray. Place in the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes. flipping half way through.
- Prepare refried black beans by heating up on the stove.
- Add minced garlic and onion to the pan to saute. Add in cubed butternut squash to saute. Add in seasonings: cumin, thyme, sea salt, pepper.
- Add in spinach to wilt. Adjust seasonings to taste if needed.
- Make creamy avocado cilantro sauce by adding all ingredients to the food processor: avocado, cilantro, plain greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic clove, lemon, water and dash of sea salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare tostadas by topping all on a crispy tortilla: refried black beans, sauteed mixture of butternut, onion and spinach. Add crumbled goat cheese and a drizzle of creamy avocado cilantro sauce.
until next time...
Leave a Reply